New CM Transfers?

Hello everyone! Today I had my interview at Disneyland and I got a job offer. I am extremely excited that I will now be working at Disneyland however its not the role I wanted. I originally applied for Attractions but was told that they did not have that available. I was told I could go on the waiting list for that or could chose to work as custodial or a quick service restaurant busser. I decided I should just go for it instead of risking not hearing back for 6 months. I took the busser job because it paid more but in reality I do not want to work there. My dream has always been to work in attractions but more specifically I'v always wanted to be a skipper at Jungle Cruise.

Anyway my question is if it anyone thinks it would be a good idea to ask someone if I could have my role changed next week when I go in to do some paperwork or if that would be bad to do.
    If not, is it possible to transfer after I start working? Iv hear that after a couple of months (Iv heard 6 and 4 not sure which is correct) you can transfer but I rather have it be sooner.

Thanks in advance!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: New CM Transfers?

They don't have openings for what you want, so take the job and transfer as openings become available. Its called putting in your dues.

Quote Originally Posted by AshCM View Post
    Hello everyone! Today I had my interview at Disneyland and I got a job offer. I am extremely excited that I will now be working at Disneyland however its not the role I wanted. I originally applied for Attractions but was told that they did not have that available. I was told I could go on the waiting list for that or could chose to work as custodial or a quick service restaurant busser. I decided I should just go for it instead of risking not hearing back for 6 months. I took the busser job because it paid more but in reality I do not want to work there. My dream has always been to work in attractions but more specifically I'v always wanted to be a skipper at Jungle Cruise.

Anyway my question is if it anyone thinks it would be a good idea to ask someone if I could have my role changed next week when I go in to do some paperwork or if that would be bad to do.
    If not, is it possible to transfer after I start working? Iv hear that after a couple of months (Iv heard 6 and 4 not sure which is correct) you can transfer but I rather have it be sooner.

Thanks in advance!
    After 4 months your probation will end and you'll be eligible for a transfer to any department. You will still need to apply, interview and wait for openings, but it will most likely be easier for you to get in than if you were applying with no time at Disney at all. As for asking for a new role next week, I'm not sure how that would go, but you could always ask. They may not have any openings. Also, if you do get attractions, you'll have to take whatever they offer. They may not have anything for Jungle Cruise, but I believe you can always ask to cross train once you get approved for attractions, in which case once there's an opening you could possibly get trained for the cruise.

Hope this helps!

Most departments let you transfer out at 4 months, but some do require 6 months. Just remember, no pain, no gain. Use this as a time to learn the park and how to be a good CM.

And who knows, maybe you'll actually find that you love Bussing. I know it sounds crazy, but It feels like (speaking as an outsider) with Attractions you're constantly loading/unloading vehicle, hitting buttons, etc. With Bussing, you could have great interactions and have wonderful one on one conversations that you never could have had the opportunity to experience in an Attractions role. The job is what you make of it, so if you go in with a great mindset you might enjoy it more, rather than thinking of the role as a placeholder until you can do something "better"

Attractions if fun but you dont always get what you want years ago you could work anywhere in the park but now they Lock you in areas such as New Orleans/Critter Country, Adventurland/Frontierland, Tomrrowland and Fantasyland attractions. But as others said put in your time and in 4 months you can transfer and see if they have openings in Adventure/Frontierland attrations. I loved working on Jungle some of the best memories of my time with the company but after a while I got burnt out of attractions and transfered to another department and I am having even more fun then I did in attractions. So you never know you might end up liking bussing