• Sock Puppet

I Sure Wish I Can Go Back.....

I really wish I can go back and work for Disney again. I have a rehire, have the Disney knowledge and experience, but Disney refuses to work around my full time work schedule. What a real shame, I sure miss it there.

• Sock Puppet

Re: I Sure Wish I Can Go Back.....

Awww that stinks. You'd think they'd need all the help they can get.

I hope to work there next semester. What job did you have?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    Awww that stinks. You'd think they'd need all the help they can get.

I hope to work there next semester. What job did you have?

I worked at the PLaza Inn restaurant on Main Street as a bussing lead back in 2000-2001. Doing the 2 job thing. I finally put an end to it when I was a zombie after working 80 hours a week for that period of time, with no life either. It was a blast, had great days and bad as well. all part of the territory. I sure miss it. I am dismayed especially that Disneyland is in dire need of help that they do not consider past cast members who want to come back to fill those dwindling ranks. Oh well, maybe one day in the near future. Good luck to you and I hope you get in yourself.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULLWHIP GRIFFIN
    I worked at the PLaza Inn restaurant on Main Street as a bussing lead back in 2000-2001. Doing the 2 job thing. I finally put an end to it when I was a zombie after working 80 hours a week for that period of time, with no life either. It was a blast, had great days and bad as well. all part of the territory. I sure miss it. I am dismayed especially that Disneyland is in dire need of help that they do not consider past cast members who want to come back to fill those dwindling ranks. Oh well, maybe one day in the near future. Good luck to you and I hope you get in yourself.
    It seems like all departments are only hiring people with full availability right now, makes it easier for everyone all around.

I had a friend denied because he wasn't quite fully available (had school Mon/Wed/Fri but was available after 3pm). That still wasn't good enough for Casting because we don't need more part-time folks, we need full-time.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Winter in Oceanside...

IMHO, this is one of the problems with hiring/working at DLR: not working with people's lives and schedules outside of the park. It is why I left. Both sides, DLR and CMs, should have some input into their schedules.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    IMHO, this is one of the problems with hiring/working at DLR: not working with people's lives and schedules outside of the park. It is why I left. Both sides, DLR and CMs, should have some input into their schedules.
    I totally agree with you there. There is a lot of people out there, including myself, who would be happy just working weekends only and Disney should accommodate that, naturally these are usually the busiest days, outside holidays. This would be ideal for me. But, that's the stubborness of Disney.