Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• CM for 4 years!

Guests Make you Cry?

I know, being a cast member and working with guests is supposed to be like water off a duck's back. They say something rude to you, and you take it, but not personally.

Sometimes, though, that's harder than it sounds.

I had an ... incident ... last night.

Have any of you ever had a guest make you so upset that you cried?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Robot Chicken Rules!

Re: Guests Make you Cry?

Well not exactly but I have had my fair share of a guest trying to get me fired for an accident. It's amazing the story they would make up just trying to get something for free.

• Now 40% less bitter!

As a waitress, what with dealing with the public and all, I can totally relate. Sometimes people are just mean. Never work at a place that serves champagne brunch. Just rest assured in the knowledge that karma will come around to bite them in the butt.
    Oo-de-lally!

I've had guests (not at Disney) drive me crazy before - I was once waiting on Piper Laurie (of Carrie fame) and she almost made me cry - I had a slight panic attack because of it - but luckily she was eating with Julie Hagerty (of Airplane fame) who came out back and calmed me down - she was a really nice lady.

The best response I EVER heard from a fellow cast member (when I worked at WDW) to an irate guest who was just being nasty - screaming, yelling and obviously only wanted to get something free - well, my fellow cast member said "Sir, you have a day as pleasant as yourself." - I thought that was great!

• Give Peace a Chance

It's a sad truth that there are mules backsides in this world, in the health care profession we deal with sick mules backsides. I was fortunate years ago when the class for "dealing with difficult people" first became available, to be choosen as a trainer for company I worked for. I highly recommend to anyone, get a book on this subject, the market is flooded with them now.
    No one need be subjected to someone seeking to rob you of your dignity or self confidence, there is not one human being on the face of this Earth that is more or less important than you.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• CM for 4 years!

Well I would never cry in front of a guest. That's a real Disney magic-spoiler.

I DO run backstage an cry though!
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Disneyland Nomad

Actually once a guest made me cry...a GAC guest. I was on the Teacups and I had seen him standing there at the exit and groups were going in and out past him. I had even motion for him to come down, he stayed, ok heis waiting for someone. After a good fifteen minute he final comes down and rips in to me about does he need a sign that hes handicapped, about how he was a member of some disabled group and how they sue disney and me and on and on. I front of the whole ride, guest in line and in their teacups. I tried explaining that you can just coming down I had seen him, groups had past him he could have said something, I was sorry. While he was ranting, the line had stopped to watch and their was two teacups. I asked him if he wanted to ride. He said no, I said I get a lead because I felt bad and he stormed off but stayed close to the ride. I felt extremely bad by now and started to cry and I tryed so hard not to and all the other guest were like he had no right to treat me that way, and this happened in front of everyone busy day 15 minute line, but about 700 hundred people in line and the ride take 50 at the least So I started the ride and called me lead and he came with another cast member because I told him I need to be relieved. The guy refused to talk to my lead and he told me the guy just need to yell at someone I was just little enough to pick on.

• Banned User

Wow, I am always amazed at how rude people can be!! and yes some times CNs can be to. But I think you all put up with so much crap you finally have had enough and there for can be rude when you do not mean to be. I am so sorry some people are so callas as to make you cry, Heck if I would have seen any of this I would have spoken up ( the big mouth in me) and told that person to knock it off. I hate rude people and rude people who make other people sad, well thats a crime I will not tolerate!!! I come from a small town, heck we open doors for people, and we give change to those needing it. Yep Small town friendships but when I go to big cities I see how some people act. Very sad.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karebear286
    Actually once a guest made me cry...a GAC guest. I was on the Teacups and I had seen him standing there at the exit and groups were going in and out past him. I had even motion for him to come down, he stayed, ok heis waiting for someone. After a good fifteen minute he final comes down and rips in to me about does he need a sign that hes handicapped, about how he was a member of some disabled group and how they sue disney and me and on and on. I front of the whole ride, guest in line and in their teacups. I tried explaining that you can just coming down I had seen him, groups had past him he could have said something, I was sorry. While he was ranting, the line had stopped to watch and their was two teacups. I asked him if he wanted to ride. He said no, I said I get a lead because I felt bad and he stormed off but stayed close to the ride. I felt extremely bad by now and started to cry and I tryed so hard not to and all the other guest were like he had no right to treat me that way, and this happened in front of everyone busy day 15 minute line, but about 700 hundred people in line and the ride take 50 at the least So I started the ride and called me lead and he came with another cast member because I told him I need to be relieved. The guy refused to talk to my lead and he told me the guy just need to yell at someone I was just little enough to pick on.
    I have a very high tolerance level, but if someone came up to me and said that I would have kicked them out of the park for causing trouble. Plain and simple.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I've been kicked, screamed at, spit on, slapped... you name it. Hell, I'll admit that I've cried because of it as well, because damn... it sucks.

All because I wouldn't let a child go on a ride that he/she was too small to go on, or because I wouldn't let someone in on their FASTPASS because they were an hour early, or I had a move a last-second Guest from an already full sitting area for FANTASMIC! because she was standing in front of people that had been there for hours. List goes on.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 02-25-2006 at 06:38 PM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• love my friends

I work 3rd shift at DCA and really dont see guests, (unless I am in downtown)

BUt when I was a guest at the park, I have seen some pretty rude guests to CM's and I was amazed how well they handled themselves... If it wa sme, I probably would have cried..........but they didnt.. they handled it so professionally

Friends for life

• love my friends

Now I have had a manger who has made me a cry on numerous occassions but that is another story a LONG LONG story

Friends for life

• Basking in birthday love

I almost lost it on New Year's Eve. I was working an eleven hour day on Main Street, and while it was pretty chill in the early afternoon because of the rain, it got psycho toward evening. On top of that, I was working Coke Corner for the first time that night. That night's the only time I ever lost a walkway, and that was during midnight pyro, which is pretty brief anyway. It's sad to admit that I was fairly useless in getting everyone out, because I was so overwhelmed.

With specific guests, though, it doesn't happen a lot. I'll get angry or annoyed, but generally not upset.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• CM for 4 years!

I got injured by a Guest! Tripped me!

I fell hard on my knee and it bruised and scabbed and required a trip to CFA.

Needless to say, there were lots of little tears of shock.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• See! I rock!

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I got injured by a Guest! Tripped me!

I fell hard on my knee and it bruised and scabbed and required a trip to CFA.

Needless to say, there were lots of little tears of shock.
    OMG! That is so horrible!
    Last edited by wdwmonkey; 03-12-2006 at 10:37 AM.
    Leaving for Disneyland on March 25 but won't get there until 11:00! I can't wait!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast