Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Trains are in my Genes

Re: Current And Former Disneyland Cast Members.....

In 2001 I worked it's a Small World, and yes I STILL hear the song in my head 24/7. After a stint working back in the real world, I got a call from casting asking if I wanted to come back to DL and run the steam trains. What a way cool job. Unfortunately, "Presenteeism" raised it's ugly head and I got sacked. You would think that management would be a little bit more understanding when your kid got beat up at school twice in one month and you got in a wreck on the wonderful 91 freeway. Oh well, maybe I can appeal the 'no-rehire' and come back to the choo-choos. In the mean time, I'm making 3 times what DL was paying me, its just not as much fun as playing with a 112 year old steam locomotive!

• Disneyland is your land.

I was a Food and Beverage cast member last summer and aboslutely loved it. I worked mostly at 'the train' in DCA and occasionally Award Wieners and Taste Pilots. Also worked shifts where I would begin at the ice cream shop in DCA and jump over to Gibson Girl after that shift was over. However, because of the long drive (160 miles) I didn't have an opportunity to get involved with the outside activities. I wish I could have. Trying to go back this summer and hopefully will get to do so.

• Former Disney Cast Member

I've been working in Westside Attractions for a year now. I have knowledge on the Disneyland Railroad; however, I am out doing Guest Control in Town Square every chance I get.

I am great friends with many people in my department, as well as those in other departments throught the resort, and love hanging out with the people I work with.

This year I will be doing Minnie's Moonlit Madness, and as many other Cast Member activities as I can fit into my schedule.

• Now 40% less bitter!

For four glorious days in early April, this year, I got to work crowd control (which was like one big party) and train on Star Tours. Unfortunately, I had to resign, because the Commuter Assistance Program wasn't what I thought it would be, and it was just costing way too much to drive there. By the way, I don't know if anyone's ever done this, but seeing the starspeeder from down in the cage is totally awesome!
    Oo-de-lally!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam
    For four glorious days in early April, this year, I got to work crowd control (which was like one big party) and train on Star Tours. Unfortunately, I had to resign, because the Commuter Assistance Program wasn't what I thought it would be, and it was just costing way too much to drive there. By the way, I don't know if anyone's ever done this, but seeing the starspeeder from down in the cage is totally awesome!

That's a shame things did not work out for you. Were you driving from Apple Valley? Are you eligible for a rehire?

• Now 40% less bitter!

Well, I think I am, as far as I know. There seemed to be no hard feelings, and I said I wanted to "respectfully resign". I said hopefully I could return when I lived closer, or in another 50 years, when I'm retired . Yes, I was driving from Apple Valley. It was around 90 miles, one way, but in good traffic it would only take me just over an hour to get there. I thought with the commuter assistance program they had van shuttles, and they do. But I would have had to have gone on a waiting list, and the shuttles that people were already renting out (in my area) were for the graveyard shift. I didn't want to carpool, because I was trying to get away from the stress of the drive down there. And getting a train pass was still too expensive for me. So perhaps later I could work there. At least they let me keep my name tag! And Mickey gave it to me, so you can't beat that!
    Oo-de-lally!

• Here Comes the Bride!

I used to work the Haunted Mansion, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, the Disneyland RailRoad and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    "Here Comes the Bride....."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by theAtticBride
    I used to work the Haunted Mansion, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, the Disneyland RailRoad and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    When did you work trains?

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

I worked as a CR the summer of 1992. NO/CC Merch. My summer shift was the Fantasmic Merchandise carts. I worked all the shop in NO and Splash Photo. It was a great 1 1/2 years. A long time ago, but still remember it was great. I also remember the break area that is now the queue for Indy.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

• Adventures with Duffy

I was a CM with CR status from Feb. to Nov of 1998. Was part of the opening crew for Redd Rockets Pizza Port.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Disneyland Parking Lot 1986 - 1988! Included directing traffic, toll booth, parking lot trams, and working in the Walt Disney Story. GREAT Memories!!

Here's a pic of one of our tshirts circa 1986

• Mary Blair Lover

Hello All!

I think i've mentioned this 100,000 times on other posts, but i used to work 3rd shift custodial at DL from 2002 to 2004. Like most of the people in that department, i worked everywhere imaginable. But mostly, i worked on the Boat Crew. (Cleaning all the outdoor boat attractions.) I was Fill In lead several times there, but that isn't saying much, 'cause the boat crew consisted of 3 people, including lead!

• Sock Puppet

I've been with TL attractions for a year now, I have knowledge on HISTA, Astro and Space.

• Here Comes the Bride!

I was a conductor in the summer of 2002
    "Here Comes the Bride....."

• love my friends

me again.. like I said before (except I spelt it wrong) I have been a fill in lead about 12 times.. I have worked for DL for 2 years and love it.. I am thinking about going into the emerging leaders program for managment..

Friends for life

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast