Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Current And Former Disneyland Cast Members.....

Please let everyone know where you work at Disneyland or have worked in the past. This would be interesting. Have you been promoted to a lead, for instance, etc.. Are you involved with outside activities such as Disney softball, canoe races, etc....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Current And Former Disneyland Cast Members.....

Bullwhip - Great thread idea!

I've stated this in other threads, so I ask the pardon of those reading this for the redundancy.

I worked at the park in food services from 1974-1982. I worked two years as a dishwasher and MKH (miscellaneous kitchen helper) at Plaza Pavillion, and another year part-time at the Tahitian Terrace in the same complex. Through many of my years at the park I was attending school at Cypress College and later Cal State Fullerton.

In 1977 I transferred to New Orleans Main Kitchen and remained there through 1982 working in food preparation. I was a lead dinner cook when I left to pursue my career in broadcasting.

I also worked at Hungry Bear Restaurant briefly, as well as the French Market, and filled in a couple of times in the Blue Bayou kitchen.

I took part in a number of group outings involving my immediate co-workers, the early morning canoe races (was it cold!) and practiced my baseball play-by-play by recording "broadcasts" of our NOMK softball team in the
    Disneyland Leagues over three summers.

As I've said before, I've never worked at a better place. Were some days better than others? Did I have differences with supervisors sometimes? Of course.
    But I've never had better rapport with a work crew - and I look back on those days quite fondly.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I started in 1998 as a CT in the parking lot/Steam trains. In 1999 I became a CR and was banished out to the parking lot. 2000 came around and I went over to the Indiana Jones Adventure and then Jungle/Tiki 2 months later. 6 months after Indy I was trained on Thunder. I mainly worked on Thunder and Jungle until 2003 where I was apart of the Cardboard cutout (Winnie the pooh) opening team. Shortly after the land lock came into effect and I choose to stay in New Orleans Critter country loosing my Jungle Tiki Thunder and Indy Knowledge. After 6 months of knowing only pooh I was trained on Splash and in late 2004 trained on Mansion. I tend not to work on the Winnie the pooh ride actually last time I was scheduled there was 2004. I am currently a Lead at Splash Mountain and spend most my time there but I do miss the Mansion.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by BULLWHIP GRIFFIN
    Please let everyone know where you work at Disneyland or have worked in the past. This would be interesting. Have you been promoted to a lead, for instance, etc.. Are you involved with outside activities such as Disney softball, canoe races, etc....
    I have worked at DCA for the past 2 years.. I work 3rd shift..

I have been fill in klad about 12 times I think

Friends for life

Worked in ODV in the summer of 2004 as a CT. It was great working and seeing the backstage areas of the park. Unfortunately had to go back to the real world and job in September, Yuck!! Haven't returned but will always remember those late nights!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by BULLWHIP GRIFFIN
    I have been a fill in lead about 20 times

I wanted to go in to canoe rades beauswe my hubby did when he worked at DCA.. they had NO body whgo wnated to dom it..
    I WAS SOOOO ALONE
    welcome to 3rd shift DCA

Friends for life

• CM for 4 years!

I am a table service Host/Hostess at the DLR. I have been now for ten months.

I've filled in for lead once, and I've trained three or four times.

I never participated in Canoe Races or Minnie's Moonlit Madness. I'm going to try to do Minnie's this time around. There's always a chance to do something new at the DLR as a CM!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

[smilie=8,40,19] I have been at the DLR for 3 years on March 8. I want to participate in Minnies the most..since I carry a whole bunch of random Disney knowledge in my cranium.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I just got hired as a Woody sub in Block Party Bash. My rehearsals start Thursday and I start performing after April 7th.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jepple
    I just got hired as a Woody sub in Block Party Bash. My rehearsals start Thursday and I start performing after April 7th.
    Congratulations jepple!!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Super saucy pixie!

I worked Merch in the late 90s. Opened usually. Mostly Fantasyland and New Orleans Square after running the course of all the stores as a new-hire. I remember I would do my very best to get out of Emporium, Toontown, or Pooh Corner shifts at all costs!
    I wasn't really involved with the sports although my CM boyfriend at the time was and I went to their games. I never managed to get up early enough to make it to a canoe race, but I LOVED doing Minnies Moonlight Madness so much. What fun times!
    I used to work the media events frequently too, and got stuck with a Marie Osmond event once too. Not real fun there.
    And I was also THE most clueless CM ever once when they mistakenly scheduled me in for a half shift in Pastimes and Magic. I know nothing about sports or magic! Quite a funny day.

• Basking in birthday love

I'm coming up on three months at the Opera House, though I also spend a lot of time on guest control. I'm trying my very hardest to get cross-trained to steam trains as soon as I can, but that may be tricky. I'm working on putting together my MMM team. With all the stuff I have to know for the current Opera House show, it should be cake.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Disney Nerd

I hired in 2.5 years ago as a Toontown Resturants Cashier

I've now worked in all of the Toontown/Fantasyland locations (Toontown, Village Haus (Cash, Hostess, Order Cook, Food Prep, Busser, Fan Fruit Cart) I've also been a trainer for 2 years at the above locations, and I was a lead for 1 year at the above locations.

I'm now working on Main Street, mostly Blue Ribbion Bakery, and just got lead there today, so I'll probably be working Blue Ribbion, Gibson Girl, and Coke Corner

I've done some parade guest control shifts, back in the day when we have enough foods CM's that we could spare the bodies. I've also worked at French Market, and Redd Rockets.

I did Minnie's last year and had a blast, so i fully intend to get my team together for round 2! We also do the disney volleyball, and plan on doing the canoe races this summer.

• Sock Puppet

I used to work in the foods division at Disneyland, first starting in 1977 at Riverbelle Terrace, then moved over to the French Market/Blu Bayou/Cafe Orleans/NOMK area. During that time I had so much fun with the outside activities offered, especially the softball leagues, both mens and co-ed. I remember playing on teams such as: Adventureland, Black Sheep, Riverbelle Terrace. The competition was heated back in the 80's, especially for the men's teams. Everyone wanted to knock off Sunkist because they won the title every year. We also found out that Bo Foster (mgr.) would hire college players to work a few hours a week so they could play on the team, which we thought was an unfair advantage, but it was a lot of fun. I was also involved in the canoe races, which was also a blast. I also remember getting those free tickets to go see a Disney classic in the LIncoln Theater, this was done quite a bit. It would be a nice tradition to bring back, especially for the younger cast members who are just familiar with the current Disney offerings. Another event, now long gone, was the Goofy Pursuit, similiar to Minnie's Moonlight Madness, but this was a car rally starting at Angel Stadium and going all over the city of Anaheim, looking for clues to eventually win the event, wish they brought that back too. Thise were fun days!!!! Sure miss them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast