Question Transfering From Stores To ?

I've been a DLR CM for nearly 3 months so I'm 'too new' to know all the protocol. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I'm working the Main Street stores in which case I don't get off work until 2:45am. By the time I get home and go to bed, it's 4am. I love everything about working for DLR EXCEPT for these horrible hours. I'm aware that Scheduling isn't going to do me any favors as my seniority level is at dirt level. Soooooooo, my questions are: How long must I be employed at DLR before I can ask to be transferred to another location? AND what area (Attractions, maybe?) would make it so that I can get off no later than MIDNIGHT?

Thanks for any input :-)

• Do I seem familiar?

Re: Transfering From Stores To ?

The official amount of time you need to be in a location before attempting to transfer is six months. Now I've been gone from the Resort for about 1.5 years, and I can't imagine that rule changing too much (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You can always try DCA stores (or anywhere in DCA!) . That's where I wanted to go after I tired of being scheduled til 2AM, 2:30AM and finally 3:30AM my first summer (can you believe that?! And the last New Years Eve I spent at the Resort, they were scheduling stock CMs til 4:30AM!).

Basically, if you don't want to work past midnight, don't transfer to WoD.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Transfering From Stores To ?

Quote Originally Posted by invader pearl
    The official amount of time you need to be in a location before attempting to transfer is six months. Now I've been gone from the Resort for about 1.5 years, and I can't imagine that rule changing too much (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You can always try DCA stores (or anywhere in DCA!) . That's where I wanted to go after I tired of being scheduled til 2AM, 2:30AM and finally 3:30AM my first summer (can you believe that?! And the last New Years Eve I spent at the Resort, they were scheduling stock CMs til 4:30AM!).

Basically, if you don't want to work past midnight, don't transfer to WoD.
    Walt Disney Travel closes by like 8pm. Same with the Disney Desks (which is part of WDT).
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P