View Poll Results: What should I do? Vote NOW!

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go For It submit the paper work!

2 66.67%
  • Forget about it!

1 33.33%
  • Go to Sea World to work!

1 33.33%
  • Go to Universal to work!

1 33.33%
  • Go to Mickey D's to work!

1 33.33%
  • Get a Presidental Pardon!

1 33.33%
  • Hit up Oprah for a loan!

1 33.33%
  • Ask Bill Gates for a donation!

2 66.67%
  • Stand on a corner with "Work for Cheese" sign!

1 33.33%
  • Become a Parrot Head & Move to Key West!

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• DisneyBrothers.Com Owner

Red Face No Rehire Wdw Help Request

Any suggestions short of a Presidental Pardon & Intervention can a person get a no rehire status code N_X(1) from 12/1983 lifted? I was given a slim to none chance of getting rehired. I'm only going for a 2 day a week job in merchandising. I didn't kill or mame a guest or fellow cast member, didn't steal, nor did I take the name of Walt or Roy in vain. I haven't worked for Disney since '83 but still have the same love & passion for the company as I did on 2 October 1971 when I first went to WDW & April '81 when I made my first visit to Disneyland.
    If I knew the reason I was given the NRH I could fight it a little better, than just being handed the Rehire Request App form & told fill it out & provide additional info.
    I have to turn in my Rehire Request Application by the 20th of March & then wait.
    I get all medical care thru the VA (Vietnam era-vet)
    I have been on medical disability since 1994.
    Have been self employed since Oct 1995 running my 7 ecommerce companies. (Seems Disney thinks being self-employed means nothing).
    I use the county bus system to get around. (Disney thinks buses not reliable, yet more than 1/3rd of thier cast members use the bus).
    If it was for the money, I'd go down to Sea World & @ start $7.20 compared to $6.90 from Disney for a similar job.
    Talked to castmember @ D'land Casting she said "I should go for it"

Any suggestions on how to start my fight to lift the NO REHIRE?
    Last edited by abeachdude; 03-13-2006 at 01:14 PM.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: No Rehire Wdw Help Request

Well, it depends on what the reason is.

Most people can reapply if they got no rehire after six months or a year or something... but again, it dpeendson what got you the no-rehire in the first place.

Doesn't hurt to fill out that rehire application anyways... if anything, you can ask why you got a no-rehire and why it's affecting you 20+ years later.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Cool Re: No Rehire Wdw Help Request

Back then I had a chef that was african-american, I'm cacasian. He didn't like me from day 1. I was given the jobs that Disney hired temps to do @ the resturant, after 3 weeks I gave up & quit when he did his paper work I was given a no rehire.
    I just have to put together the best Disney-esc sales presentation down on paper & turn it in, pray about it & let it go.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Re: No Rehire Wdw Help Request

I would say that after 20 years, the no rehire shouldn't be a big deal. But I understand that they are only looking for people who can work full time. So, maybe the "I want to work only two days" is a bigger block then the No Rehire.

It con't hurt to try. All they can do is say "no". You are too old, so they won't nail your feet to the floor in Small World and make you sing all day.

Cool Re: No Rehire Wdw Help Request

I went to casting & had a set apt. I applied for full time work any day any time @ WDW just like I did when I was hired @ D'land & started my first season right before Grad Nights as a CS & ended up working over 40 hours because I could work flexable hours, the more flexable you are the better.
    The only reason I changed it to part time today during the interview was to keep my Social Security Disability. If I worked the 32+ guranteed hours I would end up loosing my benifits & have a major co-pay thru VA for care & meds.