Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newest CM..

• Banned User

Newest CM..

Is me! I work cashier on Main Street at places like Coke Corner and Blue Ribbon Bakery! My orientation is tomorrow

Re: Newest CM..

Congratulations again!!!!!

• Banned User

Thanks again!

I got a question. How do I dress for orientation and training? Can I go in a nice pair of jeans, sneakers, and a nice t-shirt? Or do I have to put on the dress clothes again?

I'm surprised they didn't tell you at the interview. You should probably be safe and dress up a bit, you don't want to be sent home from Orientation. I've heard that lately they are more big on the Disney Look at Orientation than they used to be. I've heard of guys being sent home for not being freshly shaven at Orientation. It's been 5 years for me so things may have changed a bit, but I remember walking through the park on orientation day and you are expected to be Disney Look compliant. After all....you do work for the Mouse now!

Have fun!

• Banned User

Ok bummer I hate dressing professional lol. You think khakis and a nice polo shirt are good enough?

• Banned User

You go through the park at orientation? Awesome!!

The Khakis and polo should work, that's "business casual" which is what they want for Orientation.

It may have been Line of Business training when we walked through the park. The dress was still business casual. During LOB training (at least when I went through it) we still met at TDA in a smaller conference room and were given the particulars of our department. We then walked through the park to costuming and were able to get our locker assignments and check out costumes. Things have changed though with costume Fast-trac...now you can take them home, wash them yourself.....instead of having to go to costuming every day for a fresh one. You can check out 3 sets. Also I think you will not have a permanent locker like we do in Security (I haven't used mine in 3-1/2 years).

If things haven't changed too much, during LOB training they'll show you where things like the Team Centers are, the Cast Cafes, where to enter when you come to work, where to clock in, etc.

I'm sure you'll have fun......sounds like you have the right attitude.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Please be careful what you post on Micechat now that you a CM, your leads and everyone else will be reading your posts. Just a warning, but don't want to jeopardize your job before you have even started.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Hey No! Polos are on the No list, refer to the back of the blue sheet for more info, no jeans, tshirts, sleveless, polo, golf, sandals, torn clothing for guys. For Woman, nothing in guy's list plus sweats, shorts, streach pants, leggings, and capris, sheer blouses, sleveless tops/dresses, exposed midrifs, backless shoes. No jackets, shirts with emblems, logosclose toed shoes, confortable, lots of walking! Refer to Disney Look for more info =op DRESS CLOTHES! yes.. again.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Winter in Oceanside...

Definitely no tennis shoes. A few people were sent home for that during my Traditions class. Congrats! And have fun! Best part for me was when I was finally handed my DLR namebadge.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Please be careful what you post on Micechat now that you a CM, your leads and everyone else will be reading your posts. Just a warning, but don't want to jeopardize your job before you have even started.
    Ohhh please.

Leads are CMs like any other CM.

I really don't believe that this happens. :P

Maybe TDA managers and the snoops that they pay, but our leads don't do anything of the sort, and our area managers spend a lot more time looking up their CMs on MySpace (what a waste of Company Time)
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Is Orientation and Traditions the same thing? If I remember correctly we did Traditions then at the last part of the day, they broke us up by department to give us a brief orientation just for our department.

But that was long ago...

My mistake.....Fantasmic Freak is right.....NO polo's....

Told you it's been a while.

• Banned User

But I wore a polo to the interview yesterday and no one said anything...

• Sock Puppet

Did you get a blue piece of paper when you signed your paperwork? There should be info on what to wear. If not, I would call casting and ask them, so you do not wear the wrong attire and then be sent home. That would be embarrassing and will not look good in Disney's eyes, because you did not comply to their standards for orientation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast