• Disneyland is your land.

I Appreciate All of You

I do not know how many cast members are actually in this board but I thought I would put this in here anyway!

I would like to congragulate all of you on your hard work and 'magic' skills. I have been reading these boards for quite some time and I am fed up with everyone getting upset over things like the backside of a mountain or a bad ride.

I worked at Disneyland last summer and it was then and there I realized that for most cast members this is your job. For me it was a Dream Come True, but for most it is what pays the bills or feeds the family. After getting that perspective I have been so appaulled by people who, out of ignorance, complain about the parks -- you know bad rides, bad shows, bad 50th celebrations, bad changes to rides, etc when there is a whole 'nother world that needs attention.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the current/former CM's who have put up with low wages, strict attendance guidelines coupled with an Automatic Scheduling system that doesn't take your personal life into consideration.
    You are all genuinely awesome people who I wish had better benefits and compensation.

I think we all over-look the cast member and just focus on how something ruined the magic, when in actuallity it is you, the cast member who makes each and every one of those visists special and magical for each and every guest.

Again,
    Thank you oh so much for what you do for Disney Parks around the world!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: I Appreciate All of You

ssm-first of all, welcome.
    On behalf of CM's present and past, thanks for the notice of our efforts and for the very kind words.

I'm one of the few CM's from my generation (70's-80s) that I see here on these boards. From what I understand, although we had our issues, it was a much better place to work in those days - we didn't have any of those wonderful programs in place. We just helped make magic, and I know I took a lot of pride in that. And we were paid a very decent wage.

A Walt Disney quote I used to hear lot...

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
    Thank you,

Barry

"Class of 1974" (as it would be on a nametag now)
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 03-24-2006 at 03:56 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Ha ha... it's hard work, but someone's gotta do it!
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Sock Puppet

Hey Radiobarry,

That's a good pic of you and Alan Crowder.

• Banned User

O

• Banned User

oh me too! THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOOU GUYS DO!