Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toughest Job at Disneyland??

What would you say is the Toughest Job at the Resort and why?

• white and nerdy

Re: Toughest Job at Disneyland??

hrm... probably the... hrm... need more time to think.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• e komo mai

I'm not a CM, but I wouldn't want to work at City Hall. Looks like a tough job dealing with complaints.

• Senior Minion

I agree with GC, handling complaints has got to be hard.

My second choice would be Custodians. They are the people who keep that park pretty all day, all night. They keep Disneyland and the other parks beautiful.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

Main Street CMs who work 12 hours shifts, can be there as early as 6am and as late as 3am, and deal with the toughest registers (they're so confusing!)

• e komo mai

12 hour shifts? Oy!

• In Technicolor!

A close second to City Hall has got to be Blue Bayou Hostess. Lots of guests don't know/remember to get a PS time, and will complain about having to wait ... and wait ... for a table.
    These are the games that never end.

• e komo mai

I think the person who has to make sure each ride is running safely would have a tough job, too. Lots riding on that position. Pun intended.

Hmm Not mine, and why, because its too fun amd has awesome hours! But i would say maintence, cold, long 3rd shift and have to deal with people working around you doing other stuff, plus being in park late night is creepy!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Dont make me unfriend you

Tough question. Each job is so different.

3rd shift custondian is phsically hard and gross sometimes. We cleaned the kitchen's floors. Those were gross sometimes. There are rubber mats in the kitchens that have to be pulled out and hosed out. Then the mats have to be put back in and they only fit in 1 way. It's like doing puzzles. Had to carry mats to place, have top carry heavy hoses as we hosed down the streets. I always felt stupid hosing down the streets when it rained.

3rd shift also has some very tight deadlines.

But we never saw guests. No stupid guest questions or complaints. I think I would have killed somebody if I had to work IASW during the day time. First off, you have 8 hours of the music. If that isn't enough to drive somebody batty, all day long its, "Get in the boat" "get out of the boat" "Get in the damned boat." "Get the &*^@ of the %^%#ing boat." I think I would have lost my mind if I had to work when the park was opened.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    Tough question. Each job is so different.

3rd shift custondian is phsically hard and gross sometimes. We cleaned the kitchen's floors. Those were gross sometimes. There are rubber mats in the kitchens that have to be pulled out and hosed out. Then the mats have to be put back in and they only fit in 1 way. It's like doing puzzles. Had to carry mats to place, have top carry heavy hoses as we hosed down the streets. I always felt stupid hosing down the streets when it rained.

3rd shift also has some very tight deadlines.

But we never saw guests. No stupid guest questions or complaints. I think I would have killed somebody if I had to work IASW during the day time. First off, you have 8 hours of the music. If that isn't enough to drive somebody batty, all day long its, "Get in the boat" "get out of the boat" "Get in the damned boat." "Get the &*^@ of the %^%#ing boat." I think I would have lost my mind if I had to work when the park was opened.
    This confirms my vote for the BB Hostess. While Garrett240's job was physically demanding, he'd much rather have that job than the stress of dealing with guests (sometimes mindless, upset and downright mean guests) - all the while being expected to smile and show them the Magic. Of course it's not always that bad - I'd guess that it's the small minority of guests that would make Garrett240 "lose his mind".

• Sock Puppet

What about those porr guys that work in the NOMK, cleaning all those dishes, glassware, silverware, pots/pans from all the restaurants they serve, such as Blue Bayou /French Market/Cafe Orleans. I also remember, when I worked there for a summer, having to clean all of the mats near the dumpster, along with all of the crap that every one through on the ground or missed getting into the dumpsters. And the smell!! Whewwwwwwww!! Absolutely horrible.

• love my friends

I think my job is.. I know alot of people dont agree with it.. I work 3rd shift custodian......... I dont deal with guests, but I do deal with DIRT.. It all depends where I work at night though

If you work bathrooms;;. you have the dirty toilets, and sometimes we have throw up to deal with as well.. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Friends for life

• Dont make me unfriend you

^ On 3rd shift bathrooms, you also had to deal with what we called "exploding guests" I don't know how they did it, sometimes a guest would get..well..crap.. all over the stall.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    you also had to deal with what we called "exploding guests"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast