Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Across From DL

Loosing Pixie Dust?

Do you think that the new generation of Cast Members is lacking that extra pixie dust? I feel people look at Disneyland as just a job not an experience anymore what are some of your thoughts?

• horsin' around!

Re: Loosing Pixie Dust?

i agree with you hun..sadly i tend to find the 'lack of pixie dust' in life in general... people really seem to be losing their joy. and the 'workplace' atmosphere just doesn't seem to have that 'magic' or even customer satisfaction feel to it anymore.

• Official Mice Chat person

I'm not a CM, but I have definetly noticed this. A boost in payment would surely boost the morale. Or should I say boost the "Pixie Dust"?

• Sock Puppet

Most definitely there is a lack of Pixie Dust at Disneyland, it seems to me especially with the ODV people. Talk about some of the rudest people you can ever come across. Of course there are those exceptions.

• Across From DL

They are lessees sorda like the service you get at a six flags park i think they are the same company

• Sock Puppet

When I work at Disney World for seven months I'll try and bring some of the pixie dust back!

• Sock Puppet

Good to hear Karamie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    When I work at Disney World for seven months I'll try and bring some of the pixie dust back!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

well if this is anyconsolation...I will be trying to get a Job there in a couple of Summers...so I will be bringing a Ton of Pixy Dust into the crop of Cast Members

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by BULLWHIP GRIFFIN
    Most definitely there is a lack of Pixie Dust at Disneyland, it seems to me especially with the ODV people. Talk about some of the rudest people you can ever come across. Of course there are those exceptions.
    hahahahaha... the joke with me and my lead is that ODV are the worst cast members and that special events are the second worst. haha, it's a fact.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    hahahahaha... the joke with me and my lead is that ODV are the worst cast members and that special events are the second worst. haha, it's a fact.
    I remember pulling a couple of closing shifts at the Inn Between, due to the lack of shortages of cast members (man I would never wish that upon my worst enemy), and I had troubles from ODV people. When you are a closing busser at the Inn Between you have to close the outside patio seating areas (both upper and lower areas) by a certain time and leave it basically spanking clean, including trash can dispensers. All the tables and chairs need to be stacked and pushed against the walls so it can allow the night crews to steam clean the cement areas. All of this has to be done by one cast member, the only other one is inside doing their thing. Well I had to do this on a summer evening. I worked my butt off getting this done and had everything really clean. But, lo and behold, a bunch of ODV people were either getting off work or taking late breaks and they decided to congregate to the lower patio area that i had just cleaned. They decided to pull the chairs and tables away from the walls and I told them, that the area was closed and suggested they go to the break room area, but they laughed at me and there was one guy who popped off to me with his smart a@@ mouth. All of them started trashing the area and also doing dances on the tables (after sanitizing them), completely undoing all of my hard efforts. Anyway I got my lead to come out and he took control of the situation and made them clean the area up. That was cool. Well anyway , I took a good long look at the cast member who popped off to me and to make a long story short I happened to see him on stage manning one of the frozen lemondade stands. After I ordered my drink I noticed the cast member and i knew payback was in order. So, I purposely spilled my drink on the counter and he happened to be out of napkins too and I sarcastically said "Oops I am soooo sorry" and then walked away with a smile on a face. I felt so good for doing that with absolutely no remorse whatsoever. Those ODV are sure a strange lot. Of course you probably have your few exceptions of decent cast members.

• love my friends

I feel I STILL HAVE THE MAGIC IN ME.. to clean the park after midnight

but I have noticed while in the park as a guest.. some CM's are getting short tempered, etc./

Friends for life

• Practically Perfect

I plan to go work there as soon as college is done (the internship thing...) and hopfully I'll be bringing some spunk and pixie dust with me too! I think a lot of it has to do with the guests too (some people can be SO rude!)...I know you're supposed to be happy and nice all the time, but I give major kudos to someone who is actually able to pull it off. (I'm not exscusing it...I'm just saying, it's gotta be hard...so kudos guys!)

• love my friends

Speaking of a GREAT CM... last week while I was riding the tram... to meet karla, a man had his baby in the stroller, the CM asked very politly to take the child out.. he wouldnt do it.. he again asked him politly, then this man said.. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS BEFORE... You are a minimum wage son of a $#%#^&, and he continued to call this CM rude rude names.. but the CM said politly sorry sir, these are the rules.. He then said I WANT TO SPEAK to your supervisor, he even gave the rude man the leads name, etc

I was soooooo pissed at this guy so were the other guests.. I was amazed this CM kept his cool. I dont think I could have..

Friends for life

• Disneyland Nomad

I was at TDA, for a couple of things and 85% of the people getting interviewed looked like they got out of bed and threw on jeans and a T-shirt....disney look?

• Sock Puppet

I hear ya, I have seen that too. Girls and guys going in with holes in the knees of their jeans, flip flops and yet Disney accepts that. I remember when I got out of high school , how tough it was to get a job at the park. At that time everyone wanted to work for Disney and it looked great on the resume if you ever left the company. Today, I don't know about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast