Restricted rehire status

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions i have, maybe share some similar experience. I was a cp at wdw from 01/05 to 06/05. i just kept getting sick towards the end and i have no health insurance. i was missing quite a bit of work also, so i was advised to go home, get better, and come back... so i put my 2 weeks in and now i learn i have a restricted rehire status and i have to go through ten times as much paper work to be concidered. Has anyone come back on a restricted rehire? and what can i do to help my chances? thanks

• :)

Re: Restricted rehire status

I was in the same boat but with no car / school bearing down on me...you have to wait 6 months, their really strict on this and it almost seems impossible to speak with someone in a "higher up" poisition or coorporate...you can do what I tried to do and thats to call Disneyland / WDW wherever you left and keep asking to speak to someone higher up, you can also try calling the Disneyland Coorporate number and speaking with someone there...the higher up you go, the more likely they are to want to satisfy you, make the company image look better, and listen to you...I actually just rehired today (finally) at Disneyland...Hope I could be some help...You're also going to need to show them proof that your current situation is better and wont happen again....

• Robot Chicken Rules!

I have a similiar problem that maybe i hpoe i can get answers to. Now I did not work at Disneyland. I was with WDW in florida. I had went to casting, did the interview, and my casting rep i talked to gave me the rehire forms to fill out. They told me my file was being forwarded to a Disney committee where they will then decide whether or not to rehire me. Here's the thing I had the interview on 4/5/06 and I still have not heard from anyone yet. I tried calling up the casting center last week and they told me i was still under review. Has this happened to anyone where they waited this long before?

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

a couple years ago I wanted to go back to DLR but i got fired the last time I worked there so at first they said no but I fille dout soem form stating why I should come back and they would review it. About 3 mos later they lifted the no rehire status and gave me a number to call for an interview. NICE but too late since I got a better job. But it is possible to be rehired but their review process can be very long. The HR person said the only way they will never rehire you is if you were fired due to illegal activity (e.g. stealing, assualt, drinking, or doing drugs while on duty).
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Life is Great!

i would think with the need for employees right now they would be a little more lenient that usual
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom
    i would think with the need for employees right now they would be a little more lenient that usual
    {:
    I agree.... but if Disney is too lenient then there goes Disney's high standard of expectations for their CMs. And if that goes, then who knows what would change next.

rejected

hey all thanks for your comments, but im sad to say i have not been accepted. Through all my work and money spent before i left getting a medical excuse with no insurence its still a no. Despite what all my managers told me and what health services told me i wont be able to go back currently. Ill just keep my head up, keep a job, and hope one day i can come back. thank you all again... sam

• Dont make me unfriend you

Freeforall,

I'm sorry it didn't work out like you would have liked, but maybe it's for the best. From the little I have read in this thread, it sounds like DL casting could have treated you better. Do you really want to work for a company that treats their employees this way?

I'm glad that I worked at DL long ago. I have good memories and interesting stories to tell. (Well, I think they are interesting at least) However, when I left DL, I knew it was time for me to leave. Sometimes I miss it, but I also glad that I have moved on since then. Working DL had it high points, but it also had it's low points for me too.

Even with all my memories and stories, I really have no desire to work again as a CM in the parks. I will go and play in the parks, take my kids. But my time as a CM has passed and I can't say I'm sorry that they have passed.

So, keep your head up. Remember the good things of your time as a CM. Just don't look back, you have much out infront of you still.

• Robot Chicken Rules!

Well I heard from Disney, after going last month to see if i could get rehired and they told me they did not lift my restricted rehire status. But you know what, I asked if they cold explain the reasons why and heer is what they told me. Since I already had one restricted rehire already and since it was lifted the first time I thought that it would have gone off my record. Now the reason why I have two is because when I orignally got rehired, I received NCNS and was terminated for not showing up for work. I explained my actions and my rep understood the misunderstanding. However, when i was filling out the application they told ,me I had too many mistakes in my work history and resume. Apprently they wanted me to put down the specific dates when i was unemployed and employed with all the jobs I have held since my departure from disney. So this was the reasoning behind why my sttus was not lifted. Now they were helpful and told me what to do for next time and invited me to come back down again 6 months later and they will see what they can do. I told them I will be back.
    Does this sound a bit weird. I am not totally sure that I should put unemployed on my resume to me peronsally that would look bad. Can anyone here give me some advice? I would GREATLY appreciate it.
    Thanx