Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• :)

"Best" ride to work at Disneyland?

Is there a ride that's better or more fun to work than others? I just got hired in at Attractions so I was curious on where I could try to work..thanks :]

• Rawr...

Re: "Best" ride to work at Disneyland?

I've always thought that the Jungle Cruise would be best. For me, anyway...
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• The Twilight Zone

why which ride are you working on?

I would totally want storybook land, you get to say that shpeil over and over....no, really, I think it would be great! Jungle cruise would be my next choice.

• Practically Perfect

the matterhorn's my favorite...so I think I'd like to work on that one un den talk wiss un Svedish accent

• Former Epcot CM

I'd love to work the forthcoming Subs... that would be pretty cool.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    the matterhorn's my favorite...so I think I'd like to work on that one un den talk wiss un Svedish accent
    the matterhorn is in switzerland, not sweden..
    i don't mean to be all picky but i'm from sweden and as much as i wish we had a matterhorn here it is in fact located in switzerland.
    Last edited by DLcub; 04-20-2006 at 08:48 PM.

hmm Its tough to be a bug or golden dreams, trails, 66. Eay attractions! Yah and Parades all the time pleaaase!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Just FYI, operating an attraction is completely different than riding it. When I hired in I thought 'well, I think I'll be happy with just about anything...except Fantasyland.' And where did I end up?....Fantasyland! (at "Classics": Snow White, Peter Pan, etc...) I thought it would be too easy, boring. Boy, was I wrong! That being said, Matterhorn (which I cross-trained to) is a great attraction to work. Very demanding, both physically and mentally, but a lot of fun.

P.S.: Try not to get your hopes up about working a particular attraction; unless you're a rehire you basically go where they need you.

• Disneyland Nomad

There is nothing wrong with Fantasyland, I loved working there. Small world is so lacks.Tune out the song and I'm good to go. I admit classics gets repetative, but Book is cool. You'll enjoy Matterhorn when you get there.

Yea I know that Working an attraction is totally different than riding it....I hired in at Tomarrowland (I hope they dont stick me in Inovations) TDA Casting was actually very slow that day so I got to sit and talk with them....when the person interviewing me called me back in to discuss my application and interview after the group interview he said "do you have any questions" and I told him "yes, if I we're to get re-hired, would I get a choice on where or what attraction I would be working?" and he sorta paused for a minute than said "well where do you wanna work?" and I told him Tomarrowland (was this the wrong thing to say?) One of the main reasons I chose tomarrowland was because I've worked in foods before (Hungry Bear, Critter Country Fruit Cart, ODV, and pizzaport) and I know Tomarrowland is the most easiest accesable from Backstage, and the rides are pretty cool here....He told me Sure and allowed me to choose that atleast (should I change this?) He also told me that Durring the slow times such as right now before summer that I could actually train on up to 3 attractions and that Space is probably the hardest because it's more popular than the rest....He told me that most new hires train first on Star Tours and Autotopia....I thought hmm...star tours wouldnt be so bad but I'd have to wear that Bright orange jump suit! and Autotopia not too sure.....Rides that I was thinking I would love to work on we're the obvious (Space Mountain, The Monorail, Disneyland RR, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates once it re-opens) I was also very interested about working on ToT....I'm not getting my hopes up, previously working at the park I know how they are and I know I will probably get stuck working on something that is quiet boring.....But to all you CM's what are some good rides to work on, not boring because I'm afraid i'll get bored like I did in foods on slow or rainy days...I have my orientation on Saturday and I'm supposed to find out the exact attraction i'm working that day..I hope it's not a bad one :P ...I hear that if you dont like the attraction you get stuck with you can transfer (before summer) because it's too crazy durring the summer....but when I used to work for the resort there was a 6 month waiting period....is this still in place? Anyways, any help would be great....I didnt have the greatest time working at the resort before just because my co-workers have all been there for so long, they we're alot older so it was harder to relate to me and they kinda made me feel like an outsider....it was also pretty boring in foods, so I'm just trying to put myself in the best position I can (thats in my control) so I have a great time as well as the guest that I'm helping

• Queen of Sarcasm

Welcome to Tomland. It has it's days. You can hire into honey/astro, autopia, star tours or buzz lightyear. If you get either Buzz or Auto I am sure I will see you around. Even if not there is always parades. Each has its ups and downs but for the most part all the attractions are pretty cool to work on.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

If I ever decided to work at DLR and got hired, I would like to work on Haunted Mansion. I love the spooky dark atmosphere, not to mention I can have a serious face while at work and won't be forced to smile...I'd rather be scary spooky than scary annoyingly-happy.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I don't know, it's been a long time since I worked as a CM, but I would think that the 6 months needed to transfer was if you were transfering departments. If you stay in the same department (like Tomorrowland Attractions) then I would think they can move you from ride to ride w/o the 6 month wait. When I was in custodial, I would be sent all over the park, many times, in an area for only 1 shift then the next night I would be somewhere else.

The Attractions seemed like it would be fun. Not so much the work, but the interaction with the other CM's. I've said it before, but I would kill somebody if I had to work attractions for more then a couple of days. But that's me.

However, when I was young and single (I'm not either now) I would have loved to work in attractions and flirt with my co-CM's.... There were not many flirt-able girls on 3rd shift custodial (of course, that was before Kelly started...)

Do you think tomarrowland is the best "land" to work in the park? I was also asked if I wanted to work New Orleans attractions or Adventureland

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast