Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :)

Highest starting salery Job in the park....

Yea I know that the CEO is probably getting paid the big bucks, and those who have been there since they we're 16 and now their 80...but I'm talking about starting salery...(day 1) I heard that those in entertainment (parades) get paid the big bucks..but I also hear Hotel operations people get paid alot as well...anyone know the answear to this? I'm starting in attractions at 8.25 so I was just curious if this is the lowest paying position and what the highest paying position (starting) is...thanks :]

• Dont make me unfriend you

Re: Highest starting salery Job in the park....

"Back in the day", it was the "skilled trades" (plumbers, electricans, mechanics, ect) who were the best paid. But they were not hired through casting, but rather through their union shop. They also got a little more for working 3rd shift. (Like custodial, the 3rd shifters received a little extra per hour)

In the 90's, the parade people were paid crap. Just before i left DL as a CM, I was debating transfering departments. One night I was working in the parade offices and I saw some papers on a desk. I think they were reviews or something. Anyhow, I was noisey enough to notice that I was making more then some of the parade people who have been at DL longer then I was. Ssshhhhh....

In the 90's. starting attarctions and parades was like $5.15 for the summer folks. Everybody wants to work in attractions. Ask any HS senior that wants to work at DL, where they want to work, most of them will say "attractions" or parades. So they get paid the least. Since nobody wants to work in custodial or foods, they get paid a little better. At least it used to be that way. I dunno if it's so any more.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I don't know, parade people get paid pretty well now.

• CM for 4 years!

Custodial makes big bucks, and so do the show tech people.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Former Epcot CM

I must be in the minority then cos my dream job would be merchandise, preferably Main Street or New Orleans Square. But I can understand the appeal of Attractions, especially something like HM or the Matterhorn.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

I was thinking about calling casting and asking them the starting salery's of all their opening jobs just to understand more....I believe Attractions gets paid the lowest =( atleast it was back when I started and I was being paid 7.96 p/h....now I'm starting (again) and i'm getting 8.25..I was also in foods before but I heard foods gets paid more....hmm? Union Policy change or something? Would anybody know what the new foods starting salery is, "Disney Desks", and any others?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

$8.25? I made almost that much working my first job at Sears in Kansas City 20 years ago!!! How does Disney get away with this?

Are there park jobs that actually pay a good starting wage? I'm curious too.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    $8.25? I made almost that much working my first job at Sears in Kansas City 20 years ago!!! How does Disney get away with this?

Are there park jobs that actually pay a good starting wage? I'm curious too.
    for an entry level job that requires no skills, no education and all training is on the job (no previous experience is needed) it's above min. wage of $6.75. Thats pretty good for a first time job for a kid. Is anyone actually trying to make a career out of ride operator or foods at the park?

It actually is very good for an entry level position....at Disneyland, I also work for the Union at Ralph's Grocery in a very high-end area (Aliso Viejo & Laguna Beach) and at that Job i am only getting paid $6.75 p/h and it's way less fun/ interesting than Disneyland...Most jobs start at $6.75 min. wage, but i heard in a couple months the Min. Wage will be raised .75 cents...Disney probably wont change their hourly rates seeing how they already pay more....does anybody know how much the parades people make?

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

$8.25 is the starting pay at all the entry level position. The only time pay is a little higher is for night shift. Attraction or face charaters get paid $9-9.25 /hr starting. This may have change but this was from my wife's cousin that currently works there. Man that pay hurts... I wouldn't be able to feed my kids or pay my house and car!!!
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I must be in the minority then cos my dream job would be merchandise, preferably Main Street or New Orleans Square. But I can understand the appeal of Attractions, especially something like HM or the Matterhorn.
    If you want to work merchandising you should go and apply because they need people desperately just letting you know and also they will probably give you six days work and lots of overtime if that is what you want????

I don't have exact numbers, but...

Parades does pay better, however- parade shifts are not long, usually around 5-6hours.

Entertainment pays better than many of the other positions, but they are pickier on who they hire too, and the difference is not much.

At this point- Stores,Attractions, and Custodial should all be starting at the same amount due to the new contract passing. I thought it was $8.20 an hour, but I guess there are some very slight variations.

Foods DOES pay a little more. I don't know how much more, probably a quarter or two- but really, considering what those folks go through, it's really not worth it.

Bottom line, if your going into the unskilled positions (ticket takers, custodial, stores, attractions, entertainment, foods, ODV etc.) they are all about the same when it comes to pay.

However, I seem to recall last time I checked, Security got a fairly decent starting pay, but this is unsuprising.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Custodial makes big bucks, and so do the show tech people.
    Hey I work 3rd shift custodial.. and I dont make the big BUCKS>........ wonder if my co workers do..... LOL

Friends for life

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i wanna go for entertainment when I turn 17...maybe a character/Face character

• Prefect

Blog Entries

when i went to parade auditions, i think the pay was about the same as attractions, etc. innovention hosts make more than parades & requires an audition.

all the figures are on the disney job site in the job descriptions. www.disneycareers.com & http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/disneyland/ if you want to make the big bucks, you need a business/marketing degree and work at TDA.
    <o>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast