• Food & Whine Aficianado

How Do I Praise a CM Formally?

What's the best way to let DLR management know about a particularly wonderful CM? Do they keep letters of praise in the CM's personnel file?
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

• Disneyland Nomad

Re: How Do I Praise a CM Formally?

Go to City Hall and write a compliment card, and yes they go on record.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

"My Lord/Lady Vixen of the Realm of Land (insert locale here, Frontier, etc.), I so humbly bequeth my admiration, adoration, exhalutation and admonisment to your continued work for the Heralds of Family Disney of the Disney Fortunes. It is without hesitancy, I wish for you to know of my acknowledgement of your standards rising higher then Hills of the Matterhorn, then the Mesas of the Thunder Mountain and the Peaks of Everest. Please take my words into your stead and honor them with continued dispensing of pleasure for we, the little folk and great unwashed."

Formal sounding enough? Wear a tux when you say it.

Oh wait, you meant, so the management knows? Oh dear, yeah, just go to Town Hall. That's what I do. In fact, if I go over a few days, I try to go once a day. Let's make their day so they'll continue making ours.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Drunk On Disney

I remember reading an article in Disney Magazine about some kind of "What Would Walt Do" pin that guests could give to cast members.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

You want a compliment card over at Gues Relations over at DCA tell them that I am the best at Maliboomer and i kept the disney magic alive.. good points for me if you doo!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Speaking as a former CM, I applaud you, Pugman, for going out of your way to make your compliment formal. Very nice to see, in a world where people find it easy to complain, and hard to compliment.

And speaking as a past CM who guests rarely if ever saw, I suggest that people make out compliment cards just to say thanks for all the backstage people...kitchen workers, maintenance, support, custodial, etc...just a thought!!!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Former Disney Cast Member

Yeah, just drop by City Hall in Town Square. Every compliment is greatly appreciated :-)

• Drunk On Disney

About a year ago I had the best service at Fultons in WDW. It was well beyond just good service.

So, I filled out a comment card. Then when I got home I called the restuarant manager and relayed my experience.

I hope that it helped him when he was up for review/raise/whatever.

BTW, the reason I felt the service was so superior was because I was on the Disney Dining plan and he took a whole lot of time explaining the service to me. Not just as it applied to that meal, but in the parks, etc. He explained it in much better detail than any of the Disney reps who sold me the package. He also let me order off the dinner menu at lunch time (his suggestion) so that I could get the most value for my pre-paid meal.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Colorado Bound?

How would one go about sending a compliment after the trip? Is there an email address or snail mail addres specifically for this?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    About a year ago I had the best service at Fultons in WDW. It was well beyond just good service.

So, I filled out a comment card. Then when I got home I called the restuarant manager and relayed my experience.

I hope that it helped him when he was up for review/raise/whatever.

BTW, the reason I felt the service was so superior was because I was on the Disney Dining plan and he took a whole lot of time explaining the service to me. Not just as it applied to that meal, but in the parks, etc. He explained it in much better detail than any of the Disney reps who sold me the package. He also let me order off the dinner menu at lunch time (his suggestion) so that I could get the most value for my pre-paid meal.
    Applause-o-gram!

But yes, it does help. As for afterwards... you can always write to the manager of operations. Letters of good (and poor) guest service sent from WDW guests get printed in The Main Street Diary which is a publication that the VP of WDW Operations helps to make for WDW CMs. I can't tell you his address off hand, but if you PM me I will look for it. (You can also do a search for CoP on here and find it there too from a letter writing campain to save it thread.) Or you could try DLR Guest Relations and see if they have an address for you.