• Brown Derby Caricatures

Wackiest Disney rumor?

I was inspired to start this thread by the "Best Question While Working" topic. This is a little different, though; enough so it warrants its own thread.

We've all, I'm sure, heard the "usual" Disney-related rumors (Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen in a vault underneath Cinderella Castle at WDW, etc.) but: what's the strangest, wackiest, "where the *%@^ did THAT come from" rumor that you've ever had to deal with, either from a Guest or a fellow CM?

I include CMs because it was a CM that once told me, in all seriousness, that those weren't really smoked turkey legs they sold in Frontierland (and on Sunset Blvd. at Disney-MGM)... they were really smoked emu legs! (His reasoning: they were "too big" to be turkey legs. I can only assume this guy had, somehow, gone his entire life up to that point having never seen a turkey, and had no idea how big a turkey drumstick could be.)
    "Oh, now there's a surprise! I could have a heart attack and die from not surprised!"
    -Iago, Aladdin

• Santa Barbara, CA

That the sliced hard boiled eggs they put on the salads at the plaza inn and french market were actually cut from a giant extruded egg profile and were made from a mix.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• It's all nonsense

• Minion

Probably 15 years ago the park started selling fresh fruit (apples and bananas) on Main Street.

I had friends who worked in the warehouse at the time who told me that Eisner's wife owned apple orchards in Washington state and he had arranged for her to have an exclusive contract to supply the park with their apples.

It never sounded right to me even though the CMs swore it was true. I posted a thread several weeks ago asking about it and Not Afraid posted and said she was Foods Manager back then and it was false.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    When I worked at WDW, some upper management CMs told me and a few others that there is one POTC attraction that exists outside of the parks.....

..... at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch

They said it was his "requested payment" for Captain EO.

I wish I could confirm if this were true. (Anyone been to Neverland?)

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station
    All CM's are brain washed.......wait that one is true...sorry...ummm.......we all have implants in our brains so Disney can track us......wait sorry that one is true,too....I'll have to get back you all on this one
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    That the Aladdin show at DCA is actually good...

(sorry, couldn't resist :devil: )
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    That the sliced hard boiled eggs they put on the salads at the plaza inn and french market were actually cut from a giant extruded egg profile and were made from a mix.
    I can't find it now by Googling for it, but I saw this done once on one of those "How'd They Do That?" shows - where someone invented a process to get millions of perfect real hard-boiled egg slices a day with 100% yield. (Uniform size, no waste, no "heel cuts" without a yolk.)

They took mechanically cracked and seperated real chicken eggs (a good use for the 'small' and 'medium' sized eggs that won't sell in a market) and fed them into two feed tanks on a continuous machine. First, it partially cooked the yolks and extruded them into a round shape, which went into a larger oval chamber where the whites were injected and cooked around the yolk mix, and the whole mess came out the other end like a large white snake.

After a bit of cooling time, it was cut into 'loaves', fed into a cutting machine that looked suspiciously like a modified automatic bread slicing machine, then packaged for delivery.

If you think that's complex, go look at the fortune cookie baking machine at DCA if they ever run it again. Or the tortilla machines.

--<< Bruce >>--

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    When I worked at WDW, some upper management CMs told me and a few others that there is one POTC attraction that exists outside of the parks.....

..... at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch

They said it was his "requested payment" for Captain EO.

I wish I could confirm if this were true. (Anyone been to Neverland?)
    Oh I remember that rumor! We had it at Disneyland too. Unfortunately, not true! Otherwise I'd be there everyday!

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station
    That Disneyland can actually control the weather
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

That if they drain the Submarine Lagoon, Matterhorn will sink.