Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disneyland Nomad

Re: New Cm Nametages Announced

Its not working *pouts*

• CM for 4 years!

You can only access SAP Workplace from a computer on-property. Do it at one of the kiosks in the Harbor Pt. team center.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• CM for 4 years!

"As the Happiest Homecoming On Earth officially comes to an end, new nametags will be distributed through each Line of Business beginning in September.

The new nametags will include Cast Member's hometown cities and states which are intended to spark conversation with visiting Guests."
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Re: New CM Nametags Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    That sounds pretty neat, but it might be impractical for many CM's who work in different areas from time to time. I was thinking more along the lines of the of the classic Mickey they used as one of the designs, I believe, in the 80's...that way it could be used in both theme parks, and the hotels, DTD, etc.

I hadn't noticed...do the different parks, and areas of the resort, all use the same style of tag, or are they different?

--Barry
    They do. Interestingly enough, originally only the CMs working Disneyland (not DCA or WOD) were going to get the gold nametags. Whether it was cost, or the realization that CMs DO sometimes get moved around that changed that decision, I don't know.
    We really couldn't go back to the old nametags at this point anyways, since the Disneyland font has returned to the 'gothic' font instead of the Waltscript- and the hometown thing is pretty cool, just like my namtag from working at WDW.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Having a Grand Day!

I was looking through the Disney Cast Member Nametag Museum, and I tried to adapt one of the older tags to a possible new design:

Old Tag

dnc Tag

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I'd love to see a pic of these when they come out! I'll even pay $50 for one.

I was able to change my hometown on my home computer without any problems......try again KAREBEAR

• Cast Member

Drnilescrane,

I love the look of your name tag.

2 problems:

The first one is that the park doesn't support Donald. In merchandise or having him out in the park.

It's like if they had the chance, they'd get rid of him totally.

Second thing is that as much as I like it, it looks similar to the color scheme of club 33.

Just my opinion.

Would be cool if they were like that though.

Bye.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    Drnilescrane,

I love the look of your name tag.

2 problems:

The first one is that the park doesn't support Donald. In merchandise or having him out in the park.

It's like if they had the chance, they'd get rid of him totally.

Second thing is that as much as I like it, it looks similar to the color scheme of club 33.

Just my opinion.

Would be cool if they were like that though.

Bye.

I was trying to make a point with the Donald thing (And it was the only fitting clip-art I could find on my PC at the time...)

Here is a more traditional offering (Could Make a Nice MiceChat nametag...) :

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Too bad... I guess they are trying to be like WDW. i like the class of. They show your senority. and as a guest i like to see how long someone has been working. it is sort of cool!

These are new name tags? Back when I did was a CP at WDW, we had these tags and I figured that DL had them too.

It was back in 2001, and they changed the tags shortly after I got there. They switched the tags for the 100 years of magic celebration. The tags they swiched to let cast memebers \pick their favorite Disney characters and have that characters name put on the tag.[Mine was Robin Hood, still love that movie.] It would be fun to see those tags come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    I personally liked the "Class of..." tags. I could look at each CM and look at the year they started and if was too recent and I had a question to ask I'd look for someone else with an older year.
    I actually don't like that aspect of the "Class of..." tags for precisely that reason. I had a rude guest wheel up to me in her ECV ask me a question, and before I could even open my mouth, she snapped "Oh, you don't know!" to me and drove off... Even though I may look like a total n00b, I do know my way around the Resort fairly well, and can answer almost any guest question (although I'm somewhat ashamed to say that most of the knowledge was acquired from having a Premium Annual Passport for the past 3 years...).

I agree with melmel, I disliked the “Class of…” tags. Too many CMs seem to be fixated on seniority to the point of mocking lower seniority CMs (usually it seemed to be the one year CMs toward new hires). The 50th tags seem to highlight this sort of fixation. It essentially puts the *I* in *Teim*. Back in the day, to try to alleviate the seniority trip, many of us use wouldn’t wear our years pins. Last May, when I spoke to a few 1997-98 friends still working there, I asked about the talked the 50th name tags and they had seen the situation go from bad to worse. Honestly, seniority doesn’t mean squat as far as CM performance. I would have rather had a crew of 10 energetic six month to a year CMs than a crew of lethargic 3-5 year CMs (which was often the case).

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping to get a real Jeff CM name tag! ( but I can't find one on e bay )

So if you know of one just PM me

from Jeff

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLUVZAriel
    I was hoping to get a real Jeff CM name tag! ( but I can't find one on e bay )

So if you know of one just PM me

from Jeff
    Be patient, one will eventually come up ... I have several with my name on it ... they are quite fun...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast