• meganmegaphone

Lightbulb How far in advance would you apply to casting?

Hello again

So I just got back from my College program, however being originaly from California, I would much rather work there next summer, or posibly even this Holiday Season. I was told I should get into contact with Disneyland casting, but my theoretical question is when? When should I contact the Casting department so that...

1) I have enough time to find an apartment (I currently live in Northern Cali)

2) They have enough time to process my paperwork, background check, ect.

and

3) I can utilize the entire month break I have from school to work.

I plan on applying to work attractions again, so if any "casting agents" could give a sugestion as to time frame , it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again,
    iluvstitch

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Oh my Goodness!

Red Face Re: How far in advance would you apply to casting?

I have the same questions! I am looking at maybe working at the park starting next summer, but when is a good time to start that process. I would like to know if i can get hired before leaving my current job and I too need to find an apartment and a roomate ect. Anyways...I was going to ask this same question.

• meganmegaphone

Re: How far in advance would you apply to casting?

Hmm... keep me posted if you find out anything. I'll do the same.

And, here's an idea... if you and I both end up working there next summer, perhaps we could look into sharing an apartment too... I have no idea what the running costs are down there now, lol :o

Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Oh my Goodness!

That sounds great. My idea is to go in in January and talk to casting. It seems far, but I need to know for my current job. I've been looking at apartments and it seems the average is lik $1500 - $1800 per month for a 2bed/2bath deal. But we'll kit.

www.myspace.com/cpdisneyprincess

• meganmegaphone

EeK! Well hopefully there's somebody on Creig's list who needs a roomate, lol. I wonder what a studio costs. ouch.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing... I'll probally head on down there over winter break to apply to casting as well as look for an apartment, ect.

Coldplay = Love

• Oh my Goodness!

Yeah I'm hoping to find something a lot cheaper. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground. I also heard a rumor that some of the apartments around DL offer a discount for CMs. Donno much about that but I read that on a myspace cm board.

• Oh my Goodness!

Hey Darlin'! I called Disney Casting today to get some info. You don't want to apply more then 6 months in advance because the interviews only last 6 months and you can't apply more then once in a 6 month period. She told me the closer to your starting date the better but you can apply and interview up to 6 months in advance. Hope this helps! It helped me for sure!

• :)

It all depends on the current casting demands....It is usually 2 weeks to a day in advance...(ex: You goto casting on a monday...you will most likely be comming back for orientation that saturday, than sunday your first day of training...) it's all tightly packed together....if you goto casting on a friday, they could have you come back the very next day for your orientation...Just FYI...once you walk into that big yellow TDA building..just know You WILL be there practically everyday after that the rest of your disneyland career..and yes, Disneyland is not just a job...it's a career :X

It is a good idea to schedule an interview though instead of walk-in...you beat a little bit of a line...but you'll be in there for atleast 2 hours...I know when I went they had just started POTC on the TV's...by the time I was out of there I had watched POTC, ToyStory, and than a quarter of POTC again :/

• Oh my Goodness!

Thanks for your info. I am not going to be able to start working there till next summer due to my commitment to my current job. But I don't want to leave my current job w/o knowing I'll be hired at DLR. So the cast recruiter chick told me 6 months is the max time from my start date. Whew I'm getting excited! Can't go in till January...but still I'm excited!

• :)

where do you want to work in the park?

• Oh my Goodness!

Ultimatly I would like to work in Guest Relations and work my way up to tour guide after awhile. I feel I have a gift in that area. Dealing w/ people. However, I was told today on the phone that G.R was not a starting role. So I guess Attractions. I'm currently working w/ a theatre company and so some of those roles give me an opertunity to use some of my acting skills.

I originally tried to submit my application in late March, but was advised to not submit it until late April/early May, because I said I wouldn't be available to work until late May. When I came back in May, I was hired and scheduled for orientation the following week... ^^