• Banned User

How long does attractions orientation last?

I go in to give my papers this tuesday(the papers they give you after you get the job). The guy said it would last 2 hours to get all the paper work done. I assume after (some time after tuesday) that I will be doing the orientation thingy, anyone know how many days it usually lasts?

Smile Re: How long does attractions orientation last?

Hey mrmouse! I just went through the process, so hopefully I can be of some help! I had an orientation for the college program after the day one turns in papers, however, I do not believe regular newcomers have this type of orientation. You will go through Traditions, which is usually scheduled for one day in the upcoming weekend, and lasts 8 hours. Traditions is for everyone who is employed there, and is not just Attractions people. And then at the end you'll receive your schedule for the upcoming weeks and training. Also, I'll be working Critter Country Attractions, so hopefully I'll see you around! Hope this helps!

Re: How long does attractions orientation last?

Ahh so your one of the 6 Cp's comming to Critter Country. Hope to see you There I am a Lead on Splash But also work on Mansion Mark Twain/Columbia and pooh. Did they tell you what Attraction your going to?

Smile Re: How long does attractions orientation last?

No, they haven't told me what attraction yet. I was told that they couldn't schedule a trainer at the moment, so I'm going to be trained in the Parade of Dreams Guest Control for now, and then later in the week, I was going to get notice of Attraction training. But yeah, I'm really excited about being in Critter Country . Hope to see you around Karnever!

The whole paperwork submission process took me about an hour and a half... 85 minutes of which were spent waiting (although in their defense, I showed up about half an hour early). The interviewer told me that I'd have to fill out some forms on the computer, but she didn't mention that I would get an e-mail with links to the forms. I filled out the forms at home, and kinda assumed that there would be more forms for me to fill out there, but it turned out that I filled out all the forms I had to, and I just had to wait for them to get around to processing my paperwork.

• Sock Puppet

Alright guys, thanks. I have another question. The question is where do you go to give the paper work? When I asked the guy on the phone he told me in the backstage area. Which is rather vague considering Disneyland isn't that small. I guess he means the casting center? or is there another place I should go?

• :)

1 day all day

foods - 2 days all day

• Basking in birthday love

Ah, so that's why we've been getting so many people on the route who don't even know what attraction they're on. Fun times.

I think the bare minimun for attractions training is three days, with the final day being OG reading. That's how it was at the Opera House. Jungle training is four days, Thunder and Indy are five. I think five is the longest training period.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Ah, so that's why we've been getting so many people on the route who don't even know what attraction they're on. Fun times.

I think the bare minimun for attractions training is three days, with the final day being OG reading. That's how it was at the Opera House. Jungle training is four days, Thunder and Indy are five. I think five is the longest training period.
    What is OG reading?

• Dont make me unfriend you

OG = Operational Guide (or is it Guidelines)

Sounds like it's reading the "manual" for the attraction.

OT sorta...
    10 years ago 3rd shift custodial's training was a full week. I don;t know if it still is, I would guess so.