Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

anyone been an atmosphere character person at disneyland?

Hi, I'm interested in auditioning for Disneyland's Atmosphere Character, if someone could give a little heads up on what the audition will be like, everything and any information would be great. Thankyou.

• Monorail Racer

Re: anyone been an atmosphere character person at disneyland?

Just head right over to the Disney Auditions page -
    http://corporate.disney.go.com/caree...isneyland.html

and it has some of the basic information about what is expected.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• rebmeM roinuJ

and Atmosphere Character is a fancy name for....

• love my friends

no but I have always wanted to sigh..........

Friends for life

Thanks for the help, I have looked at the site and it is too basic, I'm looking for more precise information.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Good luck at the auditions! The next one is in two weeks.

OK I cannot figure out how to post my own messages! Ah, I'm so computer illiterate!! hah...ok this seems to hold the most relevancy. I'm trying out as a character on August 19th in DL (face character)...can anyone tell me if eye color matters or skin color..I don't know whether I should stay out of the sun or jump into it. I'm half middle eastern and half swedish. I'm not sure if that is going to kill my chances! You can see in my picture...am I just not right for it?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderette4gnr
    OK I cannot figure out how to post my own messages! Ah, I'm so computer illiterate!! hah...ok this seems to hold the most relevancy. I'm trying out as a character on August 19th in DL (face character)...can anyone tell me if eye color matters or skin color..I don't know whether I should stay out of the sun or jump into it. I'm half middle eastern and half swedish. I'm not sure if that is going to kill my chances! You can see in my picture...am I just not right for it?
    The first factor is height, and that will throw you into the bucket of which character you could possibly be. Based on that, they might tell you to get plastic surgery here and there...from my understanding they're very specific with facial features for the characters.

• e komo mai

I want to be Ozone Man! He's the best atmosphere character.

I'm not sure how the audition process has evolved over the last ten years, but I would say the best thing to do is to show up ready to improv just about anything on the spot, and be animated. Part of what they're looking for is an outgoing personality and someone that can move about in a way that evokes a certain character.

I would also seriously think through what you would do in the worst possible scenarios, for example: You're on stage and you come across a rude/belligerent guest. What would you do?

Personally, I went in knowing next to nothing about the process and that was really part of the fun. I dion't think I've revealed too much here, but spend some time thinking about these things, and then maybe a day or so before the audition, don't think about it at all and go in with a clear mind. If you over-think everything, you'll wind up setting yourself up for failure. If what you do in the audition comes across as natural, you'll have a better chance at a successful audition.

Hope this helps.

hah, well hopefully they won't tell me to get plastic surgery...there is nothing off or oversized about my face..it's just if it will be right or not..I couldn't do anything to it. I'm 5'4" and 93lbs, but I'm curvy so alice would probably be out of the question. Also, does anyone know if eye color matters? I feel so silly asking these questions, but I would like to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    The first factor is height, and that will throw you into the bucket of which character you could possibly be. Based on that, they might tell you to get plastic surgery here and there...from my understanding they're very specific with facial features for the characters.

• insufferable know-it-all

At 5'4", I think you're Snow height. Go ahead and stay out of the sun just in case, but be advised that unless you wear the size of the costume they have, it's not going to happen.

They will teach you a dance routine. Worry less about getting the steps right than about giving your movement CHARACTER. You could do the entire thing like a monkey and galumph your way through all the steps and they'd probably prefer that to a lifeless presentation of the perfect steps.

Never been a "face" character myself, and only been a rubberhead as part of training for character hosting (I was the wrong "body type" as they politely put it), but my advice particular to you would be to skip the monkey stuff and give your performance some semblance of a character you'd like to play, such as a graceful princess. Even better if you zero in on the movement style of a particular one, such as the Shirley Temple-esque movements of Snow White. And since you're going for face character DON'T FORGET TO ANIMATE YOUR FACE! Add some emotions to your performance. Surprise, delight, etc, are good ones to go for, because you can throw those in on specific dance moves and have it make sense as a performance. And for heaven's sake, SMILE as much as possible (except when expressing a different emotion). If you find yourself smiling "fakely" remind yourself that you're delighted to be there, and try to emote yourself into a more "natural" smile.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I'm a size 0 in dresses and pants...I could MAYBE try a two...I don't know if their costumes are in any particular size....I'm going to Mcdonalds today! I'm going to Africa to volunteer with AIDs orphans july 14- August 10...hopefully I won't get some disease or lose any weight. Geez...I'm really stressing over this. I really do love kids and I think that is why I want this job so bad....it is the ultimate play job! Will they take a snow white that isn't THAT white? or that has brown eyes? I have dark blonde eyebrows should I dye them dark? hah again, I feel silly even asking this

ohh also...what do you do when there is a rude guest coming up to you? I would try to concentrate on the other kids...but that doesn't eliminate the problem. Can you move?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderette4gnr
    ohh also...what do you do when there is a rude guest coming up to you? I would try to concentrate on the other kids...but that doesn't eliminate the problem. Can you move?
    If you're not tied to a location, you can have some leeway. Usually there is a lead with you to handle problems, but you'll still be tested from time to time. Best of luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast