Quick Question for CM's

Hi All,

My family is all Cali natives and could possibly move from Georgia back to Ca early next summer. Thank GOD!! I have been an aircraft mechanic for 20 years and I am looking for a change. Do any of you know what the maintenance CM's of the rides make? I am talking the monorail or SM or the more complex rides in the park. I am thinking of applying for a job if it is worth my time. I know the cost of livin etc...I also know it will most likely be 3rd shift for a long time, if that is what you guys call it. I also heard that prior military helps? Is that true??

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me and thanks for the hard work!

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Quick Question for CM's

1970: can't help ya on the Disney front, but there's some good general aviation out of Burbank airport, and also I believe at least one part 135 (or is it 91? Been too long since I got the dispatcher's license, I can tell!) cargo carrier in addition to the usual part 121 operations. There's also SNA, but I doubt there's much tech work out of there. Long Beach, however, has Polar Air, if memory serves, so you could check into whether they have mechanic openings.

Sorry I can't help you on the "making a change" front, but I'm sure someone could give you more insight.

Actually, why don't you contact Disneyland Professional Staffing?

Failing that, you could look at the 3 other major parks in the area to get started.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Ok time for cocoa

Re: Quick Question for CM's

$17 to $30 per hour. You would need ride/coaster experiance. Any welding cert gets them talking to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.