Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Should I work at disneyland?please help

Well, I haven't moved out because I don't HAVE to. My parents are supportive of me living at home, as long as I pay for my cell phone, my car insurance, and my car payment, they are happy to let me take up one room in their house. Basically, the only thing they are out is one 10" x 10" room and they have a happy and respectful daughter...

... With a ludicrously high income!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Didn't know you made that much money working for DL...???!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I say follow your heart. I quit my job and traveled the world for a year when I was 24. If you hate it, you can always move back home. You don't want to be saying "What If" in 5 years.

• Why do you keep talking?

I have to agree with those who say plan it out very well before making any kind of final decision. It's very expensive to live in SoCal, especially over there.

The hours are there if you really want them. My friend had no problem getting 55+ hours a week during the off season, whether he wanted them or not. And with the CM shortage I doubt it would be that hard to find some extra hours at the resort (not sure how Disney goes about that though)

I highly recommend getting a place with roommates if you want to actually move down around the area. I guess try somewhere like Rent.com and see if anything can work out for you and your situation.

With whatever you do, I wish you much luck though.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Was it magical for you?

Thank you Hector and Dahlia.

• former CM

I worked at Disneyland twice while I went to college. First in Tomorrowland attractions, then (after a two-year break) on the Jungle Cruise. Back then the timing of the interview had a lot to do with what job you'd get, so pick what specific job you want and then find out exactly how out to get it.
    I don't mean to be critical of any careers, but there are probably some tasks at Disneyland you do not want to do.

The first time I worked there it took me one week to find roommates who also worked there. As with getting a particular job, I think that Miceagers or MousePlaneteers could either give helpful suggestions or at least tell you where to look for housing answers.

While I was in Law School I had to choose between spending one summer working at a law firm or working at WDW on their Jungle Cruise (thanks to a connection I was invited to stay in the college housing without being part of the college program.) Of course I worked for the law firm, but a part of me has regretted not going to Florida that summer. Work at Disneyland.

hmm anyone need a roomate in the disneyland area.I'm easy going gal,funny,kind,stubborn,very cute.If I can change jack sparrows picture over there i'll put mine in. Also I know they have a strict dress code, what kind of shoes can you wear and the hair! I have some highlights in mine but been thinking about coloring over it anyways, I was just curious of what the apperance guidelines are.

• Dont make me unfriend you

http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/d...y/hourly3.html

For the Disney appreance guidelines.

A more through version can be found here: http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap.../cast_all.html

• Basking in birthday love

If I didn't have another job and campus housing that's cheap during the summer and free during the school year, I couldn't afford to work there. As it is, I've had to put so much money into my car--a car I wouldn't need if I didn't work at Disneyland; I was fine without one for two years--that I'm completely and dangerously broke. Most CMs either have a second job, live at home, or take all the overtime they can get to make ends meet. Sometimes a combination of all three. It's a lot of fun, but do the math before you make the move.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Cruise Gal
    hmm anyone need a roomate in the disneyland area.I'm easy going gal,funny,kind,stubborn,very cute.If I can change jack sparrows picture over there i'll put mine in.
    If you're serious and truly interested:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31898

^_^
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Well, there you go! You're young, no reason not to, just make sure you bail if you start drowning financially! I think it is a great idea. I had a friend that did the same thing when I was younger (closer to your age) she didn't stay too long, but it was a great life experience for you. Go for it! you've got a roommate now and, I would think you could find some kind of job at DLR, hey--kelly will be leaving an opening when she quits soon! lol. You are young, it is the PERFECT time to be impulsive! Plus, if your family thinks it's a good idea, they probably know you and your situation a lot better than anyone here. DO IT! Be daring!

Hey everyone just wanted to say thank you for all your input and I can happily say I'm moving to disneyland and I am going to be Sadako new roomie, I'll try to give you guys the inside scoop after I get there

• CM for 4 years!

I make about $20/hour at the DLR. I have about $700 of expenses per month ($300 for car payment, $200 for car insurance, cell phone, $200 for gasoline) and anything after that is pure profit. When you hire in, try seeing if you can't say that you have serving experience at some other restaurant. Many of our co-workers hired in as servers right off the street. Or try to get into custodial-- they pay higher.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

If they paid better --i'd still be there.
    I don't think I'll ever have a job that was that fun again. (sad)
    ----so ever since i stopped working there --I've had an annual pass.

Best memory! as Disney employee --was working around christmas---it was late at night --and park was already closed-----Walking down main street in light rain while the music was still on. With no one else around---felt like a scene from a movie--i'll cherish that memory forever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast