Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ODV- To eat or not to eat?

Working ODV drink carts we aren't allowed to give guest ice for their drinks. What's funny is on hot day's over 90, the ODV office will declare a code ( ) I forgot,and allow us to eat the ice for H20. Kinda ironic because the excuse we give to our guest is we don't want them to get sick, and it's ok for C.M's. I guess a law suit is cheaper than workman's comp.

• MiceAge Columnist

Code-90.

There's also a Code-100, but it's much rarer.

Is it possible that ice isn't given to Guests because then too much of it would be depleted? That the sickness issue is just a convenient excuse?
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Plus, just about every restarunt will give you a cup of Ice for free, so it's not like there's no ice anywhere.
    -Monorail Man

• Banned User

ODV i can see why not giving out Ice.... but as stated above... every major drink stand in a building will give out cups of ice.... (or "Tap" water.... (*barfs*))

They have to or they will fear a lawsuit due to those water fountains are terrible to drink......

• DL ODV CM

Snappy, the difference is that the ice for CMs on code 90 days is handed out in disposable cups, therefore it's sanitary. Those beverage pushcarts are cleaned once a month at best...far from being sanitary.

But now, cups of ice are a thing of the past. Recent changes allow Vendors to drink from a small bottle of water, regardless of the temperature.

And it's a good thing too...considering how long it's been since the ice machines were last cleaned.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar33
    Snappy, the difference is that the ice for CMs on code 90 days is handed out in disposable cups, therefore it's sanitary. Those beverage pushcarts are cleaned once a month at best...far from being sanitary.

But now, cups of ice are a thing of the past. Recent changes allow Vendors to drink from a small bottle of water, regardless of the temperature.

And it's a good thing too...considering how long it's been since the ice machines were last cleaned.
    Wow, how quickly things changed since August 2004 when I worked ODV. We were told it was a big NO, NO to drink anything while on stage. I always ate the ice because of dehydration and my terrible headaches. Glad to hear ODV-CM can drink on the job, ha,ha... I

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee
    Code-90.

There's also a Code-100, but it's much rarer.

Is it possible that ice isn't given to Guests because then too much of it would be depleted? That the sickness issue is just a convenient excuse?
    So, what's a Code 100???

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    So, what's a Code 100???
    100 Degrees.
    -Monorail Man

• That's Hawt

Oh, ha ha ... I get it !

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    ODV i can see why not giving out Ice.... but as stated above... every major drink stand in a building will give out cups of ice.... (or "Tap" water.... (*barfs*))

They have to or they will fear a lawsuit due to those water fountains are terrible to drink......

Good olde Lake Mead water! the water there is ok .. not from the fountians though!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Leave 'em wanting more!

I figure that the dehydration must be the cause of why many ODV CMs can't seem to figure out how to put where they worked z-reports every night - because let me tell you, ODV is the worst about getting their closing info correct!

Hmmm let me think... Did I sell PopCorn or did I sell Churros? I know, I'll just put down Pretzles and cover all my bases
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Sock Puppet

you don't want to be eating that ice whether you are allowed to or not. It is gross. all of those people reaching for a drink and the germs that comes of off peoples' hands, especially foreigners? Just crazy! Also, prior to the bottles being placed into that ice, do you think they are cleaned off at all? No, they are not. Don't eat that ice. If you are that thirsty, I will buy you a drink.

• Pretty Disney Alum

Maybe it's also that it's just harder to replenish the ice in the ODV carts but easier to replenish in the restaurants?

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

The odv ice is rank. Their ice is bad from the machines to start...i swear the machines smell like Splash Mountain. Oh and there is no 'code 100.' It's only code 90, and then we get to augment our costumes.

• PhilMP
    Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    I figure that the dehydration must be the cause of why many ODV CMs can't seem to figure out how to put where they worked z-reports every night - because let me tell you, ODV is the worst about getting their closing info correct!

Hmmm let me think... Did I sell PopCorn or did I sell Churros? I know, I'll just put down Pretzles and cover all my bases
    Bah, that's just managers trying to raise SPLH in certain areas because their own lines of business are low.

Oh, and there IS a Code 100. Well...actually there's two Code 100s. The temp one meant that we were able to drink water onstage, and the other one is announced when an Attraction first goes online AFTER park opening.

Oh, and don't eat anything from ODV. It's worse than Inn Between food.

Phil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast