Arrow TDL Face Auditions

Hi.. I'm very interested in the face character auditions for TDL. A few questions:

1. I'm 5'7. I know this is a good height for DL, but is that too tall for TDL?
    2. How are the auditions different from DL auditions?
    3. Is it true that you have to be a DL face character to audition and be chosen? I've never worked for DL.
    4. Should I go in full stage make-up, including fake eye lashes?
    4. Any other tips for the TDL auditions?

Thanks!

Re: TDL Face Auditions

Come on, somebody has to know something... anything?

I don't know much about DL, just WDW, but it should help a little.
    They say it's best not to wear make-up because they want to see your face natural and be able to decide how you would look with make-up on and then they may even apply it on you if you get to a certain point in the auditions.

Hmm... can't imagine going without some eye make-up at the least!

I keep hearing about the hundreds of girls that show up at the DL face auditions.. but I can't imagine there are that many people willing to go all the way to Tokyo! Maybe it'll improve my chances!
    ** A photoshop princess **

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by anilorak
    Hi.. I'm very interested in the face character auditions for TDL. A few questions:

1. I'm 5'7. I know this is a good height for DL, but is that too tall for TDL?
    2. How are the auditions different from DL auditions?
    3. Is it true that you have to be a DL face character to audition and be chosen? I've never worked for DL.
    4. Should I go in full stage make-up, including fake eye lashes?
    4. Any other tips for the TDL auditions?

Thanks!
    I've only done TDL auditions once, and I've only got the WDW auditions for comparision, but...

1. I'd assume that heights are relatively consistent between the parks.

2. I'm not sure how they differ from DL, but from my WDW experience, I can tell you this: at the TDL auditions in Orlando (in 2002), we were asked what our height was, we weren't actually measured. The other difference was that at the TDL auditions we weren't asked to talk to the people next to us like the WDW auditions, rather, we were asked to just stand and look straight forward with a natural smile. I didn't get beyond that, so I can't tell you about anything that may have come after that.

3. I don't think that's the case, no. They wouldn't be open auditions if that were true. I'm sure it helps to have been a DL/WDW face character before - you have the experience in the company, in the role, and you've already shown that you're a look-a-like. But it's not a requirement.

4. I've heard both things as far as makeup goes. I wore none (I never wear makeup anyways) and they were pointing at me or looking at me for something, although I didn't get it. (I hate being 5'9"... 'tis not a happy face height)

5. The biggest one? SMILE!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Wow.. somebody who actually went to a TDL audition! Thanks!

I finally got through to someone on the Disney hotline who was willing to tell me something about the TDL auditions, and I found out that it is an open one. (yay!) She did say that I need to bring a resume and headshot.. which I think is a little strange considering that I'm not going for a singing/dancning role. The instructions and descriptions are so vague on the employment site.. *sigh*

So.. I'm going to make my own headshot. Got a good digital camera.. and I can just have it printed b&w and 8 X 10 size at a local photo place. I'm definitely not going to spend $300 for headshots that might not get me anywhere. As far as the resume, I do have acting experience, so I'll just try to put something together.

I'm trying to be realistic, though it's hard not to be excited at the notion. At this point, I realize that my chances are slim to none at getting picked. ESPECIALLY in L.A., where 90% of the girls who audition will be beauty queens, I'm sure. (I know that 1 of the DL princesses was a playboy playmate and one was Miss California..). However, from doing image googles, I can see that not every princess is the stereotypical beauty queen. Some are very plain looking (not to be mean..), which gives me hope. I'm going to try to go in there with high spirits and confidence, and the smile will be no problem because in real life, I wear one almost all the time.

Anyway, if anybody else is planning on going, or knows more info, I would love to hear from you!

P.S.. <------ that's my face superimposed onto a real disneyland belle.. let's me at least pretend!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Good luck to ya! I think that's the best attitude you can go in there with. Face characters in general is a tough competition, and with the deals that Disney gives people for going to Tokyo... It's best to be realistic like that, but if you weren't hopeful you wouldn't be there!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

A lot of princesses don't look so princessy without they're make-up on! And I don't know what it is about Belle, but so many that I've seen have looked a little too mature for the role, my polite way of saying old. But good luck!
    If I were you I would go light on the foundation and all but definetly wear mascara! I don't go anywhere without mascara in real life!

after the face cuts we went to the dance studio and I was asking some of the girls their ages. Most were around 18...I felt like the oldest (I'm 20, but I look like I'm 16)....so maybe they realized how old all their characters looked and were trying to remedy it with this new group.

Now I feel like an oldy moldy and I'm only 22!

Oh no no....you look young..you'll be fine!