• Basking in birthday love

Working Mickey's Halloween Treat?

I went to MHT last year as a guest with Darkbeer and some Laughing Place people, and I greatly enjoyed it. Now I've been thinking that it would be a lot of fun to work the event once or twice; kind of like Grad Nite, but less stressful and with saner hours. But I'm wondering, who works it? (Aside from the Attractions hosts in DCA, that's obvious.) More specifically, who mans the candy booths and gets to wear the fun costumes? Is it Entertainment? I heard someone say that it's a Stores thing. Is it a scheduled shift you can request, or is it a VoluntEARS thing (like Minnie's Moonlit Madness and the similar Little Monsters event)? Is it only DCA, or can Disneyland CMs do it as well? Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Re: Working Mickey's Halloween Treat?

I worked in MK in Fall 2004 as an attractions hostess (ran Dumbo, etc.). Our base asked for volunteers who would be willing to forego regular, attractions shifts, and pass out candy. It was THE MOST FUN I had while working there. The other Fantasylanders and I dressed up like playing cards, clowns, and hicks, and passed out candy in Toontown (I was the 3 of Diamonds).

As far as coordinators for the events (making sure we had enough candy and such), they actually pulled CMs from the other, less-busy parks.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Re: Working Mickey's Halloween Treat?

If it's anything like the party at Disney World I'm sure it's a fantastic event to work. Working the Not So Scary Halloween party at MK is probably the most fun I've ever had at work.