• CM Extraordinaire

Question about transfers...

I am a fairly new CM and got hired into Hollywood area of DCA, when I was going for NOCC in DLR. I'm excited to learn the attractions in Hollywood, but I still aim to get into NOCC. So, my question is: What steps do I need to take to start the transfer process (I know it's at least 4 1/2 - 6 Months before I can)? And when you transfer, do you get to choose which area you head to?

Thanks, in advance, for the help!

• Disneyland Cast Member

Re: Question about transfers...

It's usually 6 months. Your record has to be clean. Check your report card via the portal. It is in the SAP tool. The hardest thing in some departments is to get a manager to sign your transfer request. You won't loose your hire seniority but you will become the low man on the totem pole at your new location. When I transfered from stores to attractions I kept my rate of pay and was given my bonus that came with the new contract. You may also have to change unions. You may want to think about waiting until DCA and DTD sign their new contract with the park. You can request where you want to transfer to. In the end if they can't give you the location you want you can turn down the transfer. Remember that you will be working later hours compaired to DCA. Also if you request a transfer and your manager turns you down, watch your back and mind your P's and Q's. I know someone who tried to transfer and since that time his manager has written him up for any little thing just so his record won't be clean and he can be turned down. Until then his record was spotless. I think the powers to be don't want to loose him. It's sad but true. I'm afraid my friend will burn out and quit. 6 years in the same spot and they won't let him move on. It's the Disney Difference.

• CM Extraordinaire

Thank you so much for your response. I'm not too worried about the actual transfer itself, because my managers are really amazing... Plus, I already know of at least one person who wanted DLP, got DCA, and transferred out of Hollywood into his preferred land of DLP. Aside from that, here's my question... My trainer told me that it would be a year before I could transfer, which is definitely not what I heard from my interviewer or several CMs I know... Have you ever heard this before? Or was my trainer just mistaken? Thanks, again, for your help.

• Disneyland Cast Member

I think yout trainer was mistaken. Go over to TDA to get the forms and ask questions.

•   

Which park has DLP as a land? All I know DLP to stand for is Disneyland Paris.

• CM Extraordinaire

DLP: DisneyLand Park. New acronyms are sprouting up everyday.

I think my trainer was mistaken, too... At least, I hope. Thanks for your responses and advice. It's much more comforting than trying to guess on my own.

Brenna

•   

Ah there would be where the confusion came in when you wrote "the preferred land of DLP". I think the confusion would have been avoided by saying the ..... preferred land in DL.

Please keep the acronyms simple folks, we have all known Disneyland to be a park for 51 years now.

• Was it magical for you?

In the employee manual it says tranfers can occur after 1 year at the park and 6 months in one area but my recruiter told me 6 months before transfers but maybe thats within parks or land to land? Not quite sure, I do traditions tomorrow,maybe I'll find out.