• Banned User

what would happen if someone told the cm he was being rude?

I know some folks have said the cast members have become some what snippy, so my question is, can you remind them that there attitude sucks? ( in a non confrontational way) just say" I am sorry but your attitude is not good " or you are being quit rude with people"
    can they kick us out of the park for this?
    ok, I want to make it clear, I have come across only wonderful CMs I am sure I would not say anythng, but what if someone did ?
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 09-16-2006 at 12:50 PM.

• no flash photography...

Re: what would happen if someone told the cm he was being rude?

IDK..I usually just ignore it. They have to deal with people all day ...and it's hard dealing with people all day. I tend to give them the benfit of the doubt, because they may have had to deal with a very rude person before me and it takes a while to shake that off.

I have only been treated rudely by one CM. It was on BTMR and Iw as tryign to put my sunglasses away and she keep snapping at me to hurry, because she was trying to push the bar down... and I was hurrying and then she slammed the bar on my knee, but the ride started and I forgot about her...

oh, I forgot about the monorail CM's, but that was kind of funny, but they were being rude...LOL...
    Last edited by SCUBAbe; 09-16-2006 at 12:41 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Karla, that is very far from true. When I went to Disneyland, the CM's were great. In fact my most memorable part of the last visit I had to Disneyland was my 40 minute chat with Mariano at the 20th Century Music store. I honestly doubt you will run into a rude CM. They were all very nice. Also Karla, maybe the CM had a bad day. So instead of reminding them of their bad attitude, perhaps you should give them words of encouragment regardless. .

• Banned User

I recently told the lead CM of BTMRR that he was being rude. He was like...Whatever.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Karla, that is very far from true. When I went to Disneyland, the CM's were great. In fact my most memorable part of the last visit I had to Disneyland was my 40 minute chat with Mariano at the 20th Century Music store. I honestly doubt you will run into a rude CM. They were all very nice. Also Karla, maybe the CM had a bad day. So instead of reminding them of their bad attitude, perhaps you should give them words of encouragment regardless. .
    Wrassler I am not talking about me I was just asking " if someone did say to a CM they were being rude... what could a cm do.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh Nevermind . They can always go to City Hall and report the cM .

• Disneyland Cast Member

If reported nothing really happens. At the very most someone will ask you about it. In six years at the park I have never seen a CM get suspended or seperated over a guest complaint. I think the union requires that it be witnessed by a manager and that it happens 3 times with write ups. Usually as long as your points are OK they can't touch you. The most I think they could do is tranfer you to an off stage position in hopes that you will quit. And during parades managers and leads don't even pay attention to complaints because everyone is ticked off when told by a CM that they can't stand where they want or sit on a planter.

• Title: [scanning.....]

One warning from personal expererience... Don't get on your leads bad side. I was working attractions a few years ago. I had an brief incident once where I had a safety situation that basically left me stunned for a moment. My lead came up behind me to ask why I wasn't addressing another (less important) situation (it was my safety sit. v. her GS sit.). Anyway, she startled me half to death, and I accidentally snapped in response when I turned around to aswer after she seemingly snapped my name from behind. She was none too happy. FF to that night.

I was coming in to my position and was told of about some ADA guests on the attraction. I kept an eye out for them and soon noticed them coming into the unload area (However I still had to move them up to another area). I couldn't move them up yet, so I acknowledged them and proceeded to get another ADA group on while my load/unload cleared up a bit. No sooner was I done loading them, that I notice the first group had gotten out of their cars and walked across safety zones to the area where I would have unloaded them. They told me straight to my face that I was very rude, and I simply apologized. I couldn't do anything else because I had a ride to operate. They then went to tell the very same lead that I had upset earlier. This lead took her expereince with me and mixed it with hers to form a story that didn't happen. I was called down to talk to a manager about both incidences. I admitted fault to the first, but kept my story straight on the second. This was despite the manager trying up and down to trip me up by introducing the fabricated story, which I boldly called him on, though respectively, a few times. Fortunately, I got away with a lighter sentence than they were planning. Which brings me to my last point:

If you're position is unionized (not all at DLR are) and you get into any bit of trouble, no matter how small, ask for a union rep. I fought my own battles for nearly 4 years and it wasn't until I got into situation I could have avoided, that I finally called for one. By then it was too late.
    Buy Genius eau de toilette: Made with 1% Inspiration

Happiness is returning after a much regretted hiatus!!!

BOO!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I think what happens is: The armed CMs shoot you. The others just throw feces at you.

OK... that was uncalled for. I apologize.

I've never had anything but totally wonderful, magical interactions with Disneyland (and DCA) CMs. Really. You men and women are stunningly great!

If you feel that a CM is totally out of line, though. I'd stifle the snippy remark at the moment, make a mental note and reserve a bit of time for City Hall sometime during your evening. A complaint filed at City Hall will do more to weed out the CM who can't (or won't) make the magic than any cutting remark. Just be honest.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.