• I'm A Disney Girl

Questions about getting rehired at Disneyland--please help

Okay, so I worked in Disneyland's California Adventure for a few months back in 2004, my two area's were Millionare and Flicks Fun Fair. However, due to some problems I was let go (like a guest was standing up on the ride and I had to hit the auto stop, and had problems restarting it, so I needed a leads help). I fully admit I probably wasnt ready to handle a job like Disneyland at the time. However, I went back to rehire today since I am almost done with my schooling, and as such, I was not hired because

1. They wanted me to have atleast 6 months work experience someplace else so they can see I can hold down a job

2. Because of the problems I had in the past, they said they wouldn't hire me back in attractions right away, I'd have to work someplace else and then _maybe_ they'd let me back in

For anyone who has been fired from Disneyland, did you get rehired if you ever went to apply, and did they eventually place you back into your area? I'd love to go back and I'd love to work in attractions again, I just don't want all hope to be gone, ya know? Is there any advice anyone can give?

Thanks, any advice you have to give would be lovely. I may have cried today when they told me I wasnt hired

Oh ya :waves: Hi I'm Lady Diamond and I'm new here

• Banned User

Re: Questions about getting rehired at Disneyland--please help

Can you be more specific about the incident? What ride was it? What did they say to you? How it went down, etc.

Also, it sounds like that wasn't the only incident. It seems like there was a string of mistakes that made them think it would be safer to let you go. Considering how tight they are for cast members, I would have assumed they'd put you in another department.

Anyway, as for getting rehired, do what they say. To be honest I think they are BS'ing you just to get you to go away and stop bothering them. Get a job and face the fact that Disneyland just isn't in the short-term for you. Get another job and go back in six months and see what happens.

I know how it is to get fired though. They fired my *** because they thought I was stealing money. I wasn't, but I heard through the grapevine that they were going to fire me anyway, so I quit.

I should have stolen some money if they were just going to fire me anyway haha.

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Can you be more specific about the incident? What ride was it? What did they say to you? How it went down, etc.

Also, it sounds like that wasn't the only incident. It seems like there was a string of mistakes that made them think it would be safer to let you go. Considering how tight they are for cast members, I would have assumed they'd put you in another department.

Anyway, as for getting rehired, do what they say. To be honest I think they are BS'ing you just to get you to go away and stop bothering them. Get a job and face the fact that Disneyland just isn't in the short-term for you. Get another job and go back in six months and see what happens.

I know how it is to get fired though. They fired my *** because they thought I was stealing money. I wasn't, but I heard through the grapevine that they were going to fire me anyway, so I quit.

I should have stolen some money if they were just going to fire me anyway haha.
    Certainally, I can tell you more, honesty is the best policy and I have nothing to hide

1. I created one auto-stop on flicks fun flyers because a guest was _not_ being safe and insisted on trying to stand up on the ride. Since I was still new to the attraction, I had a hard time re-starting the ride on my own and had to ask my lead for assistance

2. I had one guest complaint, the guest was breaking the rules, and I guess they didn't like that I told them they couldn't take a picture

3. I had 2 days where I had to call in and cancel my shift, one because I had to take my grandpa to the hospital and then another because I nearly fainted on the jobsite when the wheather became insanely hot

Thats about it, sorry about your work experience

Quote Originally Posted by ladydiamond View Post
    Certainally, I can tell you more, honesty is the best policy and I have nothing to hide

1. I created one auto-stop on flicks fun flyers because a guest was _not_ being safe and insisted on trying to stand up on the ride. Since I was still new to the attraction, I had a hard time re-starting the ride on my own and had to ask my lead for assistance
    If you were still new to the attraction, then I don't see why they should have fired you for this, but I don't work in attractions so I don't really know.

2. I had one guest complaint, the guest was breaking the rules, and I guess they didn't like that I told them they couldn't take a picture
    If the guest was breaking the rules, I'm sure the guest didn't take the time to make that little detail known in the actual complaint. So if you didn't let your managers know the facts, they can hold this against you.

3. I had 2 days where I had to call in and cancel my shift, one because I had to take my grandpa to the hospital and then another because I nearly fainted on the jobsite when the wheather became insanely hot
    This is why they could have fired you, but not JUST because of this. If you were late enough times, it could have hurt you too. It sounds like it was a culmination of a lot of small things, but what did they tell you was the reason they let you go? Also, how long were you actually working there? I'm sorry about the situation and it is very unfortunate. You should probably just do what they say and come back in six months...

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    If you were still new to the attraction, then I don't see why they should have fired you for this, but I don't work in attractions so I don't really know.

If the guest was breaking the rules, I'm sure the guest didn't take the time to make that little detail known in the actual complaint. So if you didn't let your managers know the facts, they can hold this against you.

This is why they could have fired you, but not JUST because of this. If you were late enough times, it could have hurt you too. It sounds like it was a culmination of a lot of small things, but what did they tell you was the reason they let you go? Also, how long were you actually working there? I'm sorry about the situation and it is very unfortunate. You should probably just do what they say and come back in six months...
    Oh beleive me I let them know that the guest was not only breaking the rules, but that they flipped me off too. However, the guest made it sound like they were the victim and caused a big stink, and Disney's motto is the guest is always right.

As for the being late part? I was never late, sometimes I was an hour early so I'd sit in the break room and read or ask if they needed me now since I was here now, but the two days? Well my grandpa had to go to the hospital and the second time I nearly fainted in the heat (I was sick to begin with sooo)

As for the attractions? I dunno, I would of assumed disney attractions and dca attractions are different management, wh knows. I suppose I will come back in 6 months, I mean mine wasn't a no hire...it was a restricted hire or something and I have no idea what that means...can I petition to get my RH off or something

• Former Cast Member

Lady diamond, I would pursue this matter with a union rep. I had a no rehire at one time and it took several years to finally get it lifted, but it worked with perseverence. Were you actually fired? If so, is there written documentation for this that they gave you? If you need any help, plz let meknow and I will assist in anyway I can, as far as advice goes.

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    Lady diamond, I would pursue this matter with a union rep. I had a no rehire at one time and it took several years to finally get it lifted, but it worked with perseverence. Were you actually fired? If so, is there written documentation for this that they gave you? If you need any help, plz let meknow and I will assist in anyway I can, as far as advice goes.
    no written document that I can recall, but yes I was fired, but from what I understand it was a restricted rehire which means I can get hired back just not in attractions right away (if ever). I PMed you with more info

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    She was probably probationary period... not union in that case.

Lady Diamond.. did you work past your probationary period?

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    She was probably probationary period... not union in that case.

Lady Diamond.. did you work past your probationary period?
    nope I didn't, which is why I didn't contact the union

• Dont make me unfriend you

I'm sorry. I'm a little confused here. From your second and third posts, it sounds like you feel like you were treated unfairly by Disney and fired without good reason. If that is the case, why do you want to return to work there?

You stated that you are "almost done with your schooling." If you are not talking about high school, why go to higher schooling just to work hourly at DL. If you are refering to high school, then forget this point.

If you still really want to work there, just get another job for six months and then see what happens.

And yes, I'm a jerk.

• Pilot EdForceOne

sounds to me like you simply got 'demerits' in probation period and that isn't the time to have them.

Suprised they don't rehire you tho.. but I bet it has a lot to do with not lasting past probation.

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm a little confused here. From your second and third posts, it sounds like you feel like you were treated unfairly by Disney and fired without good reason. If that is the case, why do you want to return to work there?

You stated that you are "almost done with your schooling." If you are not talking about high school, why go to higher schooling just to work hourly at DL. If you are refering to high school, then forget this point.

If you still really want to work there, just get another job for six months and then see what happens.

And yes, I'm a jerk.
    I am planning on getting another job for 6 months and then coming back, and no, I was refering to my college education

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    sounds to me like you simply got 'demerits' in probation period and that isn't the time to have them.

Suprised they don't rehire you tho.. but I bet it has a lot to do with not lasting past probation.
    Well they said that they have to see that I can hold down a job or something like that, which I can fully understand and respect. I just hope that I am welcomed back in 6 months