Thread: Re-Re-hire help

• Robot Chicken Rules!

Question Re-Re-hire help

Ok here's my deal. I am a former cast member who worked in the entertainment department. I started there in October of 2000. Unfortunately, my ex-fiance convinced me to up and quit the company in October of 2003. Like a fool I did that, however, I spoke with my mgr. I got along with really well and she understood why i chossing to leave and "specifically said" I would like to self-terminate myself for personal reasons. She did not raise any argument but wished me the best in the future.
    Well about 1 1/2 weeks later i realized what i did and made a HUGE mistake and it cost me literally everything. I tried calling her to see if she could reverse the termination process, but the wheels were already turning and she started to ignore my phone calls.
    So i let the 6 months go by, I did get the ok for a rehire though since i was pratically jobless for about 6 months, I lost my car and my home and everything by the time I got the ok for rehire, talk about bad timing and i could not get to work. Now i called up the scheduling mgr. and explained my situation however, they already terminated me again for not showing up for work and there was nothing that he could do for me.
    This all happened of 2004. And me and my ex are no more and i still cannot get over what she did to me, but that's a different story lol.
    Anyway back in April of 2006 i went back casting to see if i could get back in. Now the lady i had was concerned about me being jobless and expected me to put on my resume the particualr dates i was un-employed. Since i did not have the proper information she denied putting my rehire paperwork for investigation, however i tried to explain the reasonings and how stupid young i was.
    So basically the point now is how long would i have to wait for this to fall off my record? And next time i go (hopefully if i don't get the same lady) should i put my dates for unemployment. I know Disney is desperate for people i hear it all the time. I know Disney likes to see consistency with former employers so that is what i am currently doing now is staying where i am at, but how long is enough for these guys?
    Please help?

• Former Cast Member

Re: Re-Re-hire help

unfortunately, sometimes a no rehire can stay on your record for a long period of time - up to 10 years, depending on the circumstances. I would check with casting records to see if they can allow you to view your records. I was able to do this over a decade ago when I had a no rehire.

• Across From DL

Question Re: Re-Re-hire help

I feel your pain, I left 13 days into my 14 day notice, I had a true family emergency I spoke with my managers and everything guess what no rehire, i moved here to orlando and applied at casting I had a job for the past 5 months the Casting Rep I got said that I show poor work History, what is one to do when you get laid off? that throws a real kink in the hose, She stated that my previuos job that I had for 6 years was trivial because it is not within the past year, Casting informed me to wait 6 months and I want to appeal to the Board does anyone know how to do this?

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• Former Cast Member

Go to a union rep of your local union and speak to a rep there.

i am wondering the same thing myself,i quit in 2003 ,( no shows) dont want to get into why i was a no show, but from what i hear in 3 years they are suppose to take it off your record, i am going to try again in the summer when they are desperate for people , hopefully it works hehe

• I'm A Disney Girl

Quote Originally Posted by SexkittenGwen View Post
    i am wondering the same thing myself,i quit in 2003 ,( no shows) dont want to get into why i was a no show, but from what i hear in 3 years they are suppose to take it off your record, i am going to try again in the summer when they are desperate for people , hopefully it works hehe
    How long does it take (if ever) do get a restrcited rehire status taken off your record

• out & about

I just started my professional internship as a casting employment coordinator. your best bet is to get a job... keep it for at least 6 months and then reapply. they will want to see (after your no shows) that you can hold a job. after 6 months in your new job apply again. they will have to investigate and you will prob be on restricted re-hire status but it should work. I make no gaurantees. good luck. also after 6 months youll get a new recruiter, which also make your chances better especially if you last recruiter didnt like you much.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

i can relate, i wasnt rehired either. i never had a no rehire status though so i dont know what my deal was. a friend in casting told me it might only be because i moved out of state. i was told to come back in 6 months and try again but i havent done that yet. to me that means the no rehire drops off after 6 months. i plan on going in april and trying again with a fl address. if i were you i would just walk back into casting and try again since it is past 6 months.i agree with Sexkitten Gwen. i am going in april or may when they do most of the hiring for the summer and r despereate for help.