• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

CM's - I would appreaciate your input in regards to taking photos

Hi folks!

First off, thanks for all the stuff you do at work, I have seen you guys get the shaft by guests too many times to count (I have also seen some guests be quite the opposite, and wish I would see it more often!)

Anyways, I am trying to get a list of "official" rules regarding taking Photos and Videos at the DLR. What I am looking for is which attractions have restrictions, how they are made known to the guests (such as announcements and/or signage), and what the specific restrictions are for that attraction. I know the two main ones are "No Flash Photography or Video Lighting" for many dark rides, and "No Photographs or Video Taping" for certain Movie based attractions.

I came up with a list off the top of my head, and posted it here

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50621

If you are an attractions CM, or work in the park where Photography is restricted or prohibited (such as a DtD store), could you check the First post and make sure the info is correct.

Thanks in Advance for your time!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Feed the Ducks!

Re: CM's - I would appreaciate your input in regards to taking photos

"Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Safety Rules require your hands to remain on the paddles, so No Photos while in motion. "

You can take all the pictures that you want on the canoes--depending on who your guide is. Some guides say it's for safety reasons, others make a joke out of it, others use peer pressure, etc. But there is no rule out there that specifically prohibits the use of a camera during the trip.

• some imagination huh?

A lot of the CM's I know at Roger Rabbits [i.e. 98%] don't care if you take pictures inside [they don't specify flash or not], as long as you stay seated. They'll even just tell you once you're inside, to spin the car around for a better picture of the people behind you. :] Flash pictures at Storybook Land at night are not forbidden, just really hard on the eyes.

Just my two cents

• Lilo :D

Why would you take out your camera to take pictures on Winnie the Pooh? It goes so fast you'll end up losing your camera...

Please use courtesy and common sense when taking pictures. I've had times when I was standing in front of the monitors at the Photo Preview area for Tower of Terror handing out cards with photo numbers, and Guests would raise their digital cameras to about my eye level, with the flash just inches away from my face, and take flash picture.

Pictures of video screens don't come out that great anyway...

at space mountain we will tell people to turn the flash off their video camera. Even if that means speiling up all 3 lifts. This is one dark ride that can be totally ruined by an obnoxious flash

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I assume you can take pictures in any attratcions unless otherwise posted. For examle, in a dark theather where it is considered distracting nad ruins the show for others.

• I was deleted.

I find it quite interesting how attaractions that exist both at DLR and WDW have different restrictions. I actually had a CM comment to me where as I know from personal experience that as long as I'm not using a flash, no harm is being done. I guess that's just a difference in training and possible the specific CM, but... yea.