Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Any Tomorrowland Attractions Cm's In This Forum???

Is there any Tomorrowland attractions cm's in the forum?? I just got my job offer yesterday for Tomorrowland attractions. Looking forward to it.

Glenn

• Minion

Yeah I work in that area, any word what attraction you're going to get? New hires can start out at Autopia, Honey/Astro orbitor, Star tours, and possibly at buzz (eventually...dont know if they've started it yet). Its definately the area to be in for lots of hours (I seriously wonder how they'll be able to open space without everyone in tomorrowland having major OT) and also a great place to avoid getting fantasmic.

You'll have fun. Its not the same as it was in the early 90's, you don't have to deal with EO or (for now) Subs but overall I'm sure you'll like it.

The Autopia crews today have it so easy now (wimps!). We used to have to jump on moving vehicles. Now you just wave at them and hope they stop.

• I was deleted.

Ha! They have it easy now FormerDiz? Cute...

Congrats on your new role!!! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

• Sock Puppet

I decided to do the 2 job thing again, State Farm, being my real job (although I hate the insurance business). I worked the Plaza Inn back in 2000-2001 as a bussing lead, which was pretty good $$$. But, working 80 hours between both jobs literally wore me out and I was not getting enough lead shifts to justify leaving State Farm, so I had to put an end to it. But after all these years I have been missing it. I just hope they will be willing to work aroung my hours at the Farm. I will fill my paper work out this coming Wednesday and go through Traditions next Saturday (June 1st). After that I do not know when my OTJ training will begin. I do not know what attraction yet either. I just hope it will not be a speaking role, like in Honey or Innoventions, cause I am not a performer, per say and I do not like to speak in front of a huge audience, with the lights and everything. I am hoping for Autopia, Star Tours or even Buzz, we'll see. My good buddy is a Tomorrowland attractions mgr. too. I am working the 7-3:30 shift starting in July, so I am hoping for no conflicts with scheduling. I was told that the latest start time could be after 6 pm. I hope that is true, cause I work all the out in Irvine. Any helpful points would be appreciated. Looking forward to meeting you guys there.

Glenn

• Greetings, Program!

Cool.....they still call it Dept 935?

Congrats on landing (what I think) is the most intriguing land to work in. You got Star Tours, Space Mountain, Mission to Mars, Subs......er....um....

Well, we did when I was there. Just be glad you won't be introducing Michael Jackson to an audience. That was my job for the first few months. I felt redeemed when they finally trained me on Star Tours!

Have fun....I'm sure you'll be even happier when Tomorrowland bounces back.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

I wonder if I worked with you Ortizmo. Good old 935. No department could drink as much as TL Attractions.

• Minion

Haha its dept 940 now... odd. Anyways yeah if you work 7-3:30 at the state farm job you should be fine with start times, you'll have no problems getting evening shifts that can start as late as 8:30pm. However the conflict comes with getting off late at disneyland then having your other job 6 hours later. My suggestion would be to drop down to part time at state farm at least for the summer and work say 10-4:30 then come into disneyland at say 6pm and work till say 11:30.

And you won't end up at innoventions, so dont worry. That attraction has auditions to cast very talkative cms who have no problem speiling on and on and on. The star tours speil is like 30 seconds long and you dont have guests staring at you (most of them dont even pay attention)... so the only thing you have to worry about is honey i shrunk the audience which nowadays tends to get a 1/3 full auditorium on moderately attended days.

• Sock Puppet

Thanks for the input there DLRFANATIC. I talked with my buddy last night about this and he gave me some really good insight on what to expect. I tried to go part time at State Farm (that was my whole premise to return to Disney), but the head boss of my claims dept. nixed me on this, after offering it to me last summer (I went to Disney to apply then and nothing available). So this option is out of the picture. I am really trying to decide what I want to do about this. I do not want to work myself to death like I did back in 2000-2001, when I was pulling 80 hours with little sleep. Tim also told me that mgmt is going to keep a keen eye out on cm's attendence and be strict about it. So, I need to worry about schedules overlapping, due to schedulers not understanding the needs of the cm's. This happened to me quite a bit when I was at the Plaza Inn, and the sad thing is we are responsible for our shifts, or trading them away. Right now I am in a quandry as to what to do. I might call my casting rep and let her know that I am canceeling out of the job offer due to scheduling conflicts. One thing I know, I do not want my quality of life ruined just to work 2 jobs. I have to ask myself, is it worth it in the long run. I am really sad about this potential decision, but I need to do what is best for me. I just wish Disney would let someone work just weekends. That would be the ultimate part time job. Sorry for rambling on like this.

i work at Discoveryland the same land but at Disneyland Paris .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Sock Puppet

Hey, new to this forum and I just re-hired into Disneyland Attractions and lo and behold I will be working TommorrowLand as well, Astro Orbitor and Honey I shrunk the audience to be more specific. I start training on Saturday, I'm stoked.

Much better than the division I was in before, Mainstreet stores.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Tomorrowland has it's moments. I work there on Autopia and like it has been stated up above, it is not hard at all to get overtime. I hope you like it working here. From what I understand though Buzz is crosstrain only right now but it will proably be a hire in attraction next year though.

• Never Look Back

I work in Tomorrowland as well, but I am not working attractions. I will be working in the Star Trader and my training also starts Saturday. I am looking forward to working in Merchandise, and especially working in Tomorrowland. I can imagine how swamped the Star Trader is going to be when SM reopens. Good luck with your new job LBRSRTENOR!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail_Blue
    I work in Tomorrowland as well, but I am not working attractions. I will be working in the Star Trader and my training also starts Saturday. I am looking forward to working in Merchandise, and especially working in Tomorrowland. I can imagine how swamped the Star Trader is going to be when SM reopens. Good luck with your new job LBRSRTENOR!
    Wow, they are making sure staffing is good everywhere in Tomorrow Land, good to see it's getting the attention it deserves now with SM re-opening. Just watch yourself when you go into the stock room of the Star Trader.

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Just watch yourself when you go into the stock room of the Star Trader.
    Why........??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast