Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Cast Member

Disneyland Line???

I meant to ask if Disney still prints the weekly cast member newsletter, Disneyland Line. I noticed in my short stint at the park, in December, that they were not located at Harbor House, like they were in past years. Does anyone know if they have been discontinued or are issued in a different format.

I am glad I have saved mine from the 70's and 80's. They can be a wealth of information and also wonderful memories of friends and former cast members and what was happening in the park.

Re: Disneyland Line???

The line is still being printed although it has gone to an every-other-week
    format. They are now in all-color and are still put out at Harbor House. I had saved every issue from when I started in 2001 but it became a hassle to store them so I just tossed them a few weeks ago with the exception of a few special issues.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland View Post
    The line is still being printed although it has gone to an every-other-week
    format. They are now in all-color and are still put out at Harbor House. I had saved every issue from when I started in 2001 but it became a hassle to store them so I just tossed them a few weeks ago with the exception of a few special issues.

I hear you on that. I have mine in boxes, which are extremely heavy and my wife does not want me to toss them, which is a good thing.

• I'm A Disney Girl

Is that the newspaper the disneyland line? or was that resort today or something?

• World Traveler

Is Disneyland Line also online? Any way a fan can get access to this?

Portions of it are on the Disney Portal (for CM's only). Otherwise it is an internal newsletter/paper.

• Former Cast Member

When I was at the park in the late 70s, early 80's, the "Line" was given out every week, usually on a Friday to cast members as they entered or exited Harbor House. They were in boxes that cast members could just grab one. They were usually 4-5 pages in length and had an article of a certain location in the park, such as Stage Door Cafe or the front desk at the Disneyland Hotel. Some new area or deptartment was always featured. If there was a new attraction opening, there would be an article about that as well. There was also a section called "It Takes People", which focused on one or two cast members and where they worked and what they liked to do outside of Disneyland, along with a photo of the cast member. There was a section for retirees and the Golden Ears club. There were sections highlighting cast members sporting event and scores for softball, basketball, canoe races, etc.. They had reminders of discounts, cast member trips, etc.. On the very back was a section called Wheeling and Dealing, which were adds submitted by cast members, ranging from selling cars to looking for roommates. It was a very simple publication, but very nicely done.

• Banned User

is the disneyland line just for cast members, or can guests get that publication too???

It's for CM's only.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland View Post
    It's for CM's only.
    rats. thankx though.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    rats. thankx though.

If you ever go to a Disney convention and sale, you can usually find a person selling their old Disneyland Lines, but I don't know if you want older ones.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    If you ever go to a Disney convention and sale, you can usually find a person selling their old Disneyland Lines, but I don't know if you want older ones.
    doesnt matter. as long as the price offered is something I can afford. I'm just curious as to what the ''line looks like.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

How well I remember the Disneyland Line! I read it virtually every week, picking it up either at "The Center" or "Harbor House", both of which are part of "Yesterland" now as I remember them anyway.

Quite frankly, I always felt that for a company like Disney, the Line really wasn't much to look at - the fonts and graphics were pretty simple, and the pictures black and white although the publication was usually printed on colored paper.
    It had all the features that PlazaInn 1 mentioned, and one more that I remember - "Brickbats and Bouquets" - in which they would print a few anonymous guest complaints, and an equal number of compliments that the park had received each week.

Do you think I saved even one copy from all my years there? I would like to be able to see those old 70's-80's issues again.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    doesnt matter. as long as the price offered is something I can afford. I'm just curious as to what the ''line looks like.

I wish I can scan what they might look like for you, but I have no scanner. I know throughout the years the title page would change, ie. 25th Anniversary logo.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    I wish I can scan what they might look like for you, but I have no scanner. I know throughout the years the title page would change, ie. 25th Anniversary logo.
    thankx for trying. well, theres always ebay......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast