• LLC Master Builder

Question for Cast Members (or people who have applied to become CMs)

I went in and did my interview to become a cast member for Disneyland on May 20th, and the interviewer said I would be contacted by the middle of this last week to tell me if I had been hired or not. However I have not heard anything from them yet. My question is, do they usually take this long to inform you about whether you receive a position or not? Is it a bad sign that I have not heard from them yet? I applied for attractions, so I'm hoping if I become a CM then that is what I get. I am graduating from college in a few short weeks (with a BS in Physics) and am very anxious to know whether I have a job or not.
    Last edited by DL Steve; 05-29-2005 at 01:15 AM.

Call the contact number they gave you. I didn't get a call for awhile myself, my recruiter went out sick for a week and nobody told me.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Sometimes it takes a while. When I applied they were not hiring for my preferred line of business. I got a call 4 months later to come in for a second interview at which time I was hired.

They also do background checks and that could also hold things up sometimes if they have a lot of applicants to process.....especially during times they are hiring a lot of new people for busy times of the year.

• LLC Master Builder

Thank you for the responses. I think I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if I can get any new information. Also it will hopefully speed up the process by showing them that I am interested and really do want that position. I'll post here if they give me an answer, one way or the other.
    "Why yes, I am a rocket scientist!" - Me, with a B.S. in Astrophysics.

Professionally building with LEGO bricks since 2007. Visit Legoland California to see some of my work!

Tomorrowland Attractions CM: 6/24/05-8/24/06
    Survived Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, and the Mark V Monorail.

DCL_Becky's Prince Charming

• OM NOM NOM

I wish I could empathize with you, but my friend (Monorail_Blue) and I were both given job offers on our interview dates.

How much availability did you give them? That seems to be the biggest factor in determining your future at the Resort.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Banned User

I know that as the phrase of rejection.... Though Disney might be better at calling back then Anheuser Busch....

• Sock Puppet

Not to sound mean, but odds are you didn't make the cut. I went in and applied around the same time for the same division and immediately got the job and they have been trying to get as many people into attractions as possible. Just one question, was it a group interview or was it a one on one?

But even it is rejection, there is always a chance that you can go in and re-apply in a few months. Just learn from the mistakes you made the first time, IE eye contact, smiling, being personable, Disney is very big on those things during the interview process, if you don't do any of those things then they immediately write you off.

Again, not trying to sound cruel, just going from my own experiences with the company.

• LLC Master Builder

My interview started as a group interview, but with only one other person. However I believe she was disqualified due to unnatural hair color. I had a quick one-on-one where my interviewer asked me a few questions just confirming my availability and asked if I had any questions. I did and she answered them. I am usually very personable and I always make eye contact with the people I talk to. I learned that early on from being an Eagle Scout.

As for my availability, I informed them that I was completely open and free starting June 20th, the Monday after I graduate from UCI. Until then, I am able to come in Fridays through Mondays and Wednesdays until 6pm (I have a required class at 7pm). Tuesdays and Thursdays I would be unable to work since those are when I have the rest of my classes.

I am going to call them this afternoon and try to find out more information, and to see if there is a reason why I haven't been contacted. One of my friends applied and said that it took them four months before they finally got back to him and offered him a job. Even if I do not get it, I will not give up. Disney is where I want to be, as a Cast Member for now, and hopefully an Imagineer in the future. At least I hope they want an Eagle Scout with a degree in physics. Both the lady at the front desk and my interviewer noticed those and said they were impressed, so I hope that means something. *Crosses fingers*
    "Why yes, I am a rocket scientist!" - Me, with a B.S. in Astrophysics.

Professionally building with LEGO bricks since 2007. Visit Legoland California to see some of my work!

Tomorrowland Attractions CM: 6/24/05-8/24/06
    Survived Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, and the Mark V Monorail.

DCL_Becky's Prince Charming