Less likely to rehire if living out of state?

its been almost 5 yrs since i left and i REALLY REALLY REALLY would like to go back and work at WDW again. I went to casting once about a year and a half ago and was turned down. I never got a reprimand when I worked there and I left on good terms but they wouldn't give a reason why i wasn't rehired. I do not currently live in Fl and a friend that works for WDW and another friend that used to work in casting both told me that could be why. Do you have to have a FL adress or at least a concrete plan of a place to live in fl before they will rehire you? I plan on moving back to Fl as soon as I am rehired. I just have to convince my boyfriend to come along but that's another story,lol. do you have any advice for me? I plan on going back to casting again hopefully just before the summer season starts. Do i have a better chance of getting rehired if i give them a local friends address? I will live with her until i find an apt anyways if i am rehired.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Less likely to rehire if living out of state?

I don't work at Disney, but, just from a business perspective, I would think having a Fl address would be vital. They probably get lots of applications from people who are doing it as a "just see", or as fun, or even as a joke....point is, they probably don't take it seriously or really give it the time it deserves if it's not a Fl resident. Think of it from their point....you don't hae a Fl address, or a well laid plan...so, they take a chance if they hire you of something happening and spoiling the plans, and them losing you. he time they took hiring you and waiting for you, they could hae spent on another employee with training, etc. It's not a wise move from their point.

• some imagination huh?

From a DL stand point... Casting wants to make sure you have adequate transportation to get to work. Living out of state, they may feel that it poses a strain on the commute to and from work, and that it may be hard for you to commit to the job.

Even though you plan on moving in with your friend once you get hired... I wouldn't give them an address that you don't live at, even if you plan on moving there if you're hired. It could backfire.. I would let the casting center know that you're willing to relocate, and definately will if you're re-hired. Explain the situation.

Ultimately though, relocation is all in your hands, and if you don't have a well thought out plan and don't make it clear that you're ready to be there and show up for orientation/training/shifts, it could hurt your chances.

I did let them know that I was willing to relocate and that I would definitely relocated if I was rehired. It does make sense that they are less willing to hire people with out of state addresses. I really think that had something to do with why i wasnt rehired. I will try again in april or may because i know they hire a lot of people that time of year for summer. This time i will give them a florida address and see if that helps.What Stitch-poo said makes sense. Thanks for the advice. does anyone know the best time to try to get hired for the summer? im thinking of trying in late april because im afraid they wont have as many positions to fill if i wait longer.