Will they hire me?

Hello all!!

I recently moved out of my parents' house, finally, and into an apartment. I'm able to afford rent and utilities with my current job as a substitute teacher but I would really like some extra cash to put into savings for this summer when I won't be able to work as often. So I thought it would be a good idea if I were to work for Disneyland. Here's where it gets tricky, My schedule is kind of tight and I don't know if they would be willing to work with it. I hear that Disneyland kind of sucks at respecting your other engagements. Here are the hours that I would want to work

Sun: anytime but only until 8, 9pm at the latest.
    Mon-Thurs: 4pm-8 or 9pm at latest.
    Fri: 4pm to whenever
    Sat: whenever

I don't want to work too late on school nights because I have to get up pretty early in the morning and on school days I usually leave the school from 2:45-3 and then I'd have to drive over to the park so I don't know if I could make it by 3:30 so 4 would be a better start time for me. I only want to work about 4-5 days a week while the kids are in school but when they are on break I'd be able to work open to close.

Do you guys think that this is plausible? And if it is, how do I go about applying? Do I just drive to the big green building on Ball and ask? Is there a phone number that I can call?

Thanks for any input that you might have!

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Will they hire me?

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    Hello all!!

I recently moved out of my parents' house, finally, and into an apartment. I'm able to afford rent and utilities with my current job as a substitute teacher but I would really like some extra cash to put into savings for this summer when I won't be able to work as often. So I thought it would be a good idea if I were to work for Disneyland. Here's where it gets tricky, My schedule is kind of tight and I don't know if they would be willing to work with it. I hear that Disneyland kind of sucks at respecting your other engagements. Here are the hours that I would want to work

Sun: anytime but only until 8, 9pm at the latest.
    Mon-Thurs: 4pm-8 or 9pm at latest.
    Fri: 4pm to whenever
    Sat: whenever

I don't want to work too late on school nights because I have to get up pretty early in the morning and on school days I usually leave the school from 2:45-3 and then I'd have to drive over to the park so I don't know if I could make it by 3:30 so 4 would be a better start time for me. I only want to work about 4-5 days a week while the kids are in school but when they are on break I'd be able to work open to close.

Do you guys think that this is plausible? And if it is, how do I go about applying? Do I just drive to the big green building on Ball and ask? Is there a phone number that I can call?

Thanks for any input that you might have!
    The only gag is that Sunday restriction may be unreasonable. Everything is fine. You should still go for it. Just realize you will most likely not get that much sleep Sunday night. Which if it's only 1 night a week, shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Just drive down to the big green/yellow building signs will tell you where to go. They may be able to work around your schedule, maybe put you in Toontown or DCA. Give it a shot. Don't know a number.

• Banned User

They will hire you. But you must be available all weekends.

• CM for 4 years!

You ought to be good except for the Sunday night thing. I would say that you prefer to work at Disney's California Adventure. Since they close early, it tends to be easier to get out of there sooner.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Minion

They are having a job fair Fri- Sun, so it is a perfect time to hire in. I was going to go, but broke my foot! So, I will have to wait till April!

Thanks! where is the job fair? The big green/yellow building?

• Minion

Yes, at Team Disney Anaheim. There should be signs on where to park. Just go on Ball Road.

• some imagination huh?

If you take Ball Rd. toward DLR depending on which way you travel... just make a turn on Cast Place then a left into the TDA parking area. Not only will there be signs, but probably balloons as well. Your schedule is not unworkable... there are CM's who on the off season are only available to work Fri-Sun. Since you'd start off with no senority, you'll probably start off with night shifts anyway... You're supposed to be fully available during all peak seasons [which it seems you are] and on off season it should be fully available Sat-Sun and on Fridays you must be available after I believe 6pm. You can put in request forms to work Sun mornings/mid-day... but it'll all depend on your job location and senority.

Toontown would probably be a really good bet since we normally open an hour after the park [unless we have early entry] and close at 10:30pm [unless DL closes earlier or there are no fireworks].

A job fair would be a great way to find out about getting hired. It'll give you insights into what Line of Business you'd like to get into and what your description would be. They also have CM's who work the areas to help answer questions. I believe they can also do on the spot interviews so if you go be prepared to wait a few hours [even if you go during normal days it's best to go in with the possibility of being there for a while. The process can take anywhere from 30 mins to 2-3 hours].

If you want more direct information the jobline number is 800-766-0888 you can also go to www.disneylandjobs.com and if you wanted to mapquest directions to the Casting Center the address is 700 West Ball Rd. Anaheim, CA 92803

hope it helps, and good luck

Thumbs down Re: Will they hire me?

So I went to the casting center today and it's a no go. They were ok with my availability but my vacations got in the way. I am going to Las Vegas from March 16-18 and then I'm going on a trip from June 26-July 7. I did my whole application thing on the computers there and filled out my availability sheet and they called me up. Basically they asked me if my vacations were set. Yes to both, In both cases I've already paid for the hotel room and for the summer trip I've paid for the plane tickets as well. They asked if I could not go on the summer trip and I said no cus I've already paid $1000 worth of plane tickets and hotel rooms for it. What it came down to was that the girls at the front desk said that I would not get the vacation in the summer. That it was impossible, they wouldn't even try to work with it. So basically, if I was hired, I would have to either quit before the trip or get fired for not showing up because of the trip. I asked if I could work until then, quit, and then rehire and they said that because I was going to be in Vegas for that weekend it wasn't worth it to hire me.

This is why the place is so understaffed, they refuse to even try to work with your schedule and that is ridiculous. And like the place is really going to fall to pieces because I would want to go on vacation for 2 weeks during the summer....

I'm annoyed right now......

• Queen of Sarcasm

I know what you mean. Something like that was going to happen to me last summer. I was supposed to go on a trip to WDW at the end of July. I put in pre approved vacation and I had the vacation hours and everything. The pre approved vacation list came out and I swear I was the only person in the entire binder that got denied. Everyone I was supposed to go with cancelled their pre approved because of me and then the week prior when we were supposed to take off scheduling decided to give it to me after all. Since everyone else had cancelled it I ended up going to Vegas instead with the family.

I can see them doing it to you though, as much as it sucks. You would be a new hire, low on the totum pole. If you really want to work at Disney maybe reapply after you come back.