Thread: graduate

graduate

I am graduating high school this year and it's always been my dream ( just like everyone else lol) to work at disneyland. I would have to move out of state and find somewhere to live because i have no family or support in cali. my family is supportive but any cast members out there have any advice???

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: graduate

I'm not a cast member, but I want to support you in your endeavor. Follow your dream!

you may not like my advice but you asked for it. live with your parents as long as you can and get a job in your area. then when you have saved up enough money and not paying rent to your parents i hope. then try to go through he hiring process and finding an appartment and roomate. becuase unless you have some saved money or your parents are helping you pay itll be very hard to start out down here prices are ridiculous.

But let me tell you once you get down here and you workfor disney its unlike anything yo've ever done before, when I sit up in the tower looking at all the people waving at me before entering space mountain I know what kind of cool and awsome job I have. So keep your dreams alive but make sure you have the money to lift your dreams off the ground
    Last edited by DLcastmbr; 02-28-2007 at 10:54 PM.

• some imagination huh?

I know of a lot of CM's who are roommates with fellow CM's... My advice if you have no one in Cali.. would be to either start off as a CT [Seasonal] Cast Member... that way you could come work during peak seasons [summer/holiday etc] and still have the rest of the year to go to College back home or to just go back with your family while testing the waters... you could also look in to attending college in Cali and live in a dorm. We have a lot of good schools near DL [UC Irvine is about 20-30 mins away, and there is also near by Community Colleges] and if you ever decide on moving back, you could transfer schools.

It all depends on what you want to accomplish. DLR is a great place to work [despite the steriotypical rude people/wages/flexability] it's an amazing experience and you'll meet a lot of great people. One more thing... if this sounds like you, than it would be a shame if you never work at DL: "They will be people who give, who like to bring delight to other people, and therefore gain pleasure and satisfaction for themselves." -- Walt discussing the caliber of people he wanted working for Disney.

• Rat Tat Tat.

I've heard that they will phase out the CT status, as in no one can hire in as a CT or convert, but current CT's can stay until they quit. Not sure if this is already in effect or just a rumor...

• Queen of Sarcasm

I have heard that too, espacially when the new contract came out. That is why they started the CP, to slowly phase out CT. I don't know if they did it though.

they ahvent phased out CT yet but they did phase out CR-25 which is basically CR with same benefits as full-time but you have to keep 25 hrs.

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    you may not like my advice but you asked for it. live with your parents as long as you can and get a job in your area. then when you have saved up enough money and not paying rent to your parents i hope. then try to go through he hiring process and finding an appartment and roomate. becuase unless you have some saved money or your parents are helping you pay itll be very hard to start out down here prices are ridiculous.

But let me tell you once you get down here and you workfor disney its unlike anything yo've ever done before, when I sit up in the tower looking at all the people waving at me before entering space mountain I know what kind of cool and awsome job I have. So keep your dreams alive but make sure you have the money to lift your dreams off the ground
    I'm gonna have to agree to an extent here... Living off mommy and daddys charity is no thing to look down on straight out of high school. At least for awhile. I definitely am! Just put your money away. The cost of living out here is obscenely high...

Lest of course you're living on a college campus out here, or the parents want to help you out.

At any rate though... Follow your dream! If you want it, go and do it.