Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Is the Disneyland Resort still hiring for weekend-only

cast members ?

That is, weekend-only year round, not just off-season.

What Lines of Business ?

Re: Is the Disneyland Resort still hiring for weekend-only

all the disneyland resort rquires of u for CR statis is fri after 6 sat-sun fuly available and also put iin 5 days of availabilty during the summer, or any out of school holiday. if you can commit to the you can work here

To truly answer the question, I think there was someone in my department who just got hired as weekend-only, but I'm not sure. She seemed kinda confused as to her status.

Call HR and ask, that's the only reliable way. I'm sure it varies by department too.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    To truly answer the question, I think there was someone in my department who just got hired as weekend-only, but I'm not sure. She seemed kinda confused as to her status.

Call HR and ask, that's the only reliable way. I'm sure it varies by department too.
    I called yesterday and got the runaround: "You have to come in and talk to a recruiter."

Yeah, I really want to waste a couple of hours and spend time filling out forms only to be told they're not accommodating that kind of schedule.

• Minion

I believe they are, but not 100% sure. I think they need as much help as they can get! I know a few ppl on that schedule, but they aren't newhires.

• some imagination huh?

One of the leads was just telling me about this the other day... apparently they're called CR-SS or CR-FS or something of the sort... you're required to only work at least two weekend days, each week, and aren't scheduled during the week, even during peak seasons [this is what she was told.]. You can however, pick up shifts during the week.

I believe they're hiring like this now, to make it more appealing to College kids who can't work during the week because of school. It's also my understanding that CM's who are already with the company are not being allowed to "drop status" and convert to this type of CM... then again, this could just be affecting the FL Attractions CM's

• Fastest Man Alive

Probably all attractions. Attractions in general (except apparently NOCC) is in hiring crunch. Especially the east side, so I wouldn't doubt Tomorrowland Attractions as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JustALittleChange View Post
    One of the leads was just telling me about this the other day... apparently they're called CR-SS or CR-FS or something of the sort... you're required to only work at least two weekend days, each week, and aren't scheduled during the week, even during peak seasons [this is what she was told.]. You can however, pick up shifts during the week.

I believe they're hiring like this now, to make it more appealing to College kids who can't work during the week because of school. It's also my understanding that CM's who are already with the company are not being allowed to "drop status" and convert to this type of CM... then again, this could just be affecting the FL Attractions CM's
    I check on the 10th and apparently there is a quota for these kinds of positions and none were open (in attractions anyway) at that time.

Of course, the CM population is always subject to change at DLR.

The weekend only CM is acually something the Company wanted and they added it to the latest Union Contract. It is here to stay it looks like

• Cast Member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    I called yesterday and got the runaround: "You have to come in and talk to a recruiter."

Yeah, I really want to waste a couple of hours and spend time filling out forms only to be told they're not accommodating that kind of schedule.
    If you aren't willing to devote the time you probably aren't Disney Cast Member material. As with every job sometimes you have to make at least a little bit of a commitment.

WildBill

A loyal Disney fan & member of the Class of 2005!

• Cast Member since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by JustALittleChange View Post

Sounds like this took the place of the CT (Casual Temporary) cast member. I don't know if it is true, but if it is it sounds like a good thing if you only want to work weekends. But then again, CTs didn't get any benefits, including Main Gate Passes.

WildBill

A loyal Disney fan & member of the Class of 2005!

From what I understand, CT is still around. These new statuses are additional options. In foods, we CRs are being offered the opportunity to transfer into one of the new statuses: CR-SS (Saturday and Sunday year-round), CR-<oh crap I forgot what this is called> (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday year-round), and CR-S2 (Saturday plus choice of 2 days, year-round). Transfer into these new statuses is limited, though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    If you aren't willing to devote the time you probably aren't Disney Cast Member material. As with every job sometimes you have to make at least a little bit of a commitment.
    You might consider withholding judgments and generalizations until you actually know who and what you are dealing with.

It so happens I am an ex-Cast Member with no disciplinary blemishes on his record who accumulated only 4.5 points in 9 months - including two 5 weeks-straight periods of 7-day weeks with some 10 and 12-hour shifts, so I am clearly Cast Member material and know all about Commitment.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

They are trying to get rid of CTs, which is the reason why they implemented CR-SS, CR-FSS, and CR-S2.

CR-SS is full availability Saturdays and Sundays only, year round. Shifts outside of that is upon request. That's what I hired into in May.

CR-FSS is full availability Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only, year round. Shifts outside of that is upon request.

CR-S2 is full availability on Saturdays and two other days during the week. Shifts outside of that is upon request.

CR is full availability on Fridays after 6pm and full availability on Saturdays and Sundays. Lately CRs have been "we schedule you when you are needed" so they might schedule you outside of your availability. That's why they have SS, FSS, and S2 if you absolutely cannot work certain days. Remember, for CRs is really needs of the business and they have no obligation to follow your availability because availabilities are considered to be preferences. The SS, FSS, and S2 positions are hardcoded to not allow shifts outside of the days that each position is required to work.

These new positions are treated like CRs, so you'll get all the benefits and privledges of a regular CR Cast Member.

They started these positions last holiday season and it looks like it's going to stay. I know for certain Attractions offers these positions. Not all departments choose to offer these positions, however. I applaud the Resort of finally implementing positions like these.

You might want to try applying now, JeffYardDog. I know when I hired in earlier this month (I'm a four-time rehire), they offered Hollywood, Adventureland/Frontierland/Main Street, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland/Toontown Attractions. Right now I'd bet that they are only offering it in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland/Toontown because they tried to get me to move there after I already accepted Ad/Fr/MS because I guess they are under their CM quota. :P LOL.

ADD: Ugh, I didn't even see that someone already posted this. :P
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 05-27-2007 at 04:00 PM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    I've been working DCA for six and a half years, plus full time at my other job. I'd be interested in this type of schedule cuz I'M TIRED! During the summer and holidays, I work about 65 hours a week, not counting travel time, with NO days off. I don't want to leave Disney, but man, I need a bit of a break. I think I've got the committment thing down, don't you think so? Anyway, Stores was offering it, but you had to apply by May 28th. The flyer also said positions would probably be open later in the year.
    I want my cake back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast