Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down CM's and Romance?

Are there any great stories about CM's meeting the love of their lives (or even just a love of the moment) while working? I'm not a CM but everytime I go to Disneyland I'm always being checked out or hit on. I love the attention and wonder if maybe I'll meet my true love at Disneyland, lol.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by TStar05
    I'm not a CM but everytime I go to Disneyland I'm always being checked out or hit on.
    You too, huh
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Do I seem familiar?

Not to be modest or anything, Tstar05...

I fell in love many times with CMs at DLR. Well, actually, I just thought a lot of them were very attractive and took pictures to make it last longer.

But seriously, I met my boyfriend while working at DLR. Not a spectacular story, but it was something that slowly developed. And we've been together for almost two years. I wonder if we'll end up being part of the statistic of marrieds from DL.

• insufferable know-it-all

We used to joke that there was something in the water...

The first year R2P2 was open, we had 3 pregnancies. Does that count?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    The first year R2P2 was open, we had 3 pregnancies. Does that count?
    I wonder about that sometimes... one girl who wasn't close to touching 20 got pregnant by another CM in our location. I wondered how they could afford to support themselves, what with already balancing rent, bills and school. I used to see a lot of the CMs with kids in my location and wonder how they were managing their money. Since I don't have children of my own and tend to splurge on something that catches my fancy, it's hard for me to fathom affording a child on Disney's hourly wage. I have awful spending habits and a lack of budgeting skills.

• Greetings, Program!

About a month after I was hired, I met a girl that I would be with for the next 9 months working Tomorrowland Attractions. I was on EO, she on Rockets Jets/Mars rotation. I'm no GQ model or anything like that, but that summer I was put on the Canoes, and she on Storybook. Once I started wearing that Davy Crockett getup I started collecting phone numbers left and right, but they were useless to me since I was already with my own Storybook girl.

I saw her the first time in the Mission to Mars breakroom. She filled out the America Sings polyester jumpsuit really nicely, I thought. Later, we trained together on Space Mountain and I spent a lot of quality time flirting at the bottom of the speed ramp and in the control tower. Eight months later, I proposed at the Disneyland Hotel before a night shift. She said yes. We've been happily married for nineteen years and, until recently, we both worked professionally with WDW and WDI. DL and Disney will always mean a great deal to us, but the changes in the Company over the ensuing years break our hearts.

• Minion

i have dated guys that have worked in a different department than me. it really sux to date someone that works in the same department cuz everyone will find out for one thing and another if things turn sour than you still have to see and work with that person. ive tried dating someone that didnt work at disney, and things didnt work out. our schedules were always competing with one another and other things. but at least at disney, we are able to see each other more and our schedules could work out. i dont think there is really anything wrong with dating other cm's. at least both of you have one thing in common and that is the love for disney.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• Pretty Disney Alum

I met who I thought was the love of my life while working (antoher cast member). Of course he's now someone else's love of her life... he he he. Just an FYI - cast members should never date each other - because when it goes wrong... it goes WRONG

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by SoSirius
    Just an FYI - cast members should never date each other - because when it goes wrong... it goes WRONG

Amen to that!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

So true, so true!!

• Minion

i think CM's can date each other....just either date someone that works in a different department than you or on opposite sides of the park......
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneychica04
    i think CM's can date each other....just either date someone that works in a different department than you or on opposite sides of the park......
    When it ended I was on Canoes and she was on Storybook.

It wasn't far enough.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Super saucy pixie!

I too have fallen victim to the Disney romances! Short relationship, but when you're working as many hours as they typically make you work, it just happens.
    I do have friends who have quit Disney to go onto other careers and return simply "for the chicks" as they say. It's an easy place to hook up a date, as long as you're not interested in the guys in the Entertainment/Parade department!

• Santa Barbara, CA

I was sixteen working in the park underage and met an older CM that was built for off road. I just demonstrated my car stereo. I think i wasted by big opportunity, but Aerosmith sounded great.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast