Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• love my friends

Talking Re: Question for Current and Former Cast Members - Disneyland Visits on Your Days Off

When I first started there on my orientation day, we went to the inn between for lunch (a cafe backstage in disneyland)... well sitting beside us was cinderelle, snow white and belle, and NOW they just seemed like ordinary people. Once outside I saw Pooh with NO HEAD, mickey, etc... I really started to lose the magic once seeing these. When I got home i told my daughters I had lucnh with the dinsey princesses, their eyes lit up and were sooooo excited so of course, they had to tell their friends.. and there friends wished their moms worked at disneyland.

After I DID start to work.. the magic returned for me.. because I clean up the park for the guests, so I am helping to crete the magic

I do look at the parks with a different perpective though when we visit as guests.. but the magic ic back with me

It esepcially came back to me on May 4th and July 17th (the 4th) the kickoff to the 50th.. and of coruse the 50th.. seeing all the guests so excited to be there on this special day really brought tears to my eyes. I was proud to be a part of their magical experiences

I have worked at DCA for a year and a half now, and have never considered it just a job to go to.. I love it there.. and wouldnt trade my job for anything in the world. I am lucky to work at the happiest place on earth I guess

• love my friends

Talking Re: Question for Current and Former Cast Members - Disneyland Visits on Your Days Off

When I first started there on my orientation day, we went to the inn between for lunch (a cafe backstage in disneyland)... well sitting beside us was cinderelle, snow white and belle, and NOW they just seemed like ordinary people. Once outside I saw Pooh with NO HEAD, mickey, etc... I really started to lose the magic once seeing these. When I got home i told my daughters I had lucnh with the dinsey princesses, their eyes lit up and were sooooo excited so of course, they had to tell their friends.. and there friends wished their moms worked at disneyland.

After I DID start to work.. the magic returned for me.. because I clean up the park for the guests, so I am helping to crete the magic

I do look at the parks with a different perpective though when we visit as guests.. but the magic ic back with me

It esepcially came back to me on May 4th and July 17th (the 4th) the kickoff to the 50th.. and of coruse the 50th.. seeing all the guests so excited to be there on this special day really brought tears to my eyes. I was proud to be a part of their magical experiences

I have worked at DCA for a year and a half now, and have never considered it just a job to go to.. I love it there.. and wouldnt trade my job for anything in the world. I am lucky to work at the happiest place on earth I guess

• :)

Re: Question for Current and Former Cast Members - Disneyland Visits on Your Days Off

For me I lost the magic when I saw the happy go lucky CM's outside working and helping little kids, smoking cigs and cursing on their cell phones backstage...seeing where everything goes also kinda ruins it for u, but it isnt ruined, it actually makes you think about the park alot more when you are in as a guest..

• Cast Member

Re: Question for Current and Former Cast Members - Disneyland Visits on Your Days Off

It hasn't lost the magic for me even though I work in the department where magic would seem to loose its luster.... dept 384. I still see just Pluto and Mickey.... Cinderella is always beautiful and Alice still likes to play musical chairs at Coke Corner no matter what day it is. They are all my friends and being on set doesn't change that even though you may have to speak in the 4th person... if thats even possible.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCopSB
    It hasn't lost the magic for me even though I work in the department where magic would seem to loose its luster.... dept 384. I still see just Pluto and Mickey.... Cinderella is always beautiful and Alice still likes to play musical chairs at Coke Corner no matter what day it is. They are all my friends and being on set doesn't change that even though you may have to speak in the 4th person... if thats even possible.
    good for you navycopsb.. thats the way it should be

I did lose it at first (like I mentioed before) but I have to again

I love working for disney.. i do

it is stillllll soooo magical for me

Friends for life

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

When I was a former cast member I usually worked off stage. So when I came on stage to give a tour, or something else, I rembered where I was, and it was a really cool feeling.
    Great Odin's raven!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

At first I did... but now 11 years later, I call visiting Disneyland for fun as "work". Like when my friends call me up and ask me to sign them in or ask if I want to meet them at the Parks... sometimes I find myself replying with "I don't want to go to WORK!".

• CM for 4 years!

I work there part-time, but there's nothing quite as MAGICAL as being able to share the MAGIC with friends and family, like I am able to do as a cast member. In the summer, I brought a friend who hadn't been since he was little. Seeing his face as he got off Space Mountain, spending that day there with him, was worth all the drama of work in the summer.

I recently took my whole family to the park, and seeing the smiels on their faces, and the gratitude all around, it was worth all the drama at work for the fall.

I guess you could say I get my magic vicariously through others on my days off, but I love the park. Love love love it.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12