Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free $$$$$$$$

Free $$$$$$$$

I've noticed that CM's working the carts (ODV) cannot count change. I know they are trained to do so, but the other week this happend. Gave the CM 22.50 so I could receive a 10 spot. She gave me back 22.50 +the purchase price of the items. At first I was going to return the money, but if Disneyland is going to hire these types of people be prepared to lose some funds when the CM is doing their FUND counting at the end of the night. The old saying goes, You get what you pay for. Anyone else ever get free money??

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Free $$$$$$$$

No, I haven't recieved free money, but I did almost get a second "I was there" pin on the 50th birthday (each guest was allowed to purchase one and one only). I alerted the CM that he had already put the pins I'd requested into the bag, and thanked me for noticing. While I could have gotten away with double the goodies, I feel that good Karma came my way because of it (I was apartment hunting just after the 50th and I found the perfect one.)

I don't necessarially think it's a lack of training/brains on the CM's part. I worked in retail for 4 years and even still, counting back change can get flustering when you've got other customers/guests waiting in line. I hope that CM that gave you the wrong change didn't get into too much trouble-or loose her job for her drawer being at least 22.50 under.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Wow, that's awful. I know when I used to work as a cashier at a retail store we were written up when our registers were over or short $5+. Luckily it only happened once to me in the 2+ years that I worked there. I think each cart should have a calculator of some sort so if the CM cannot count the amount given and subtract the cost of the item themselves than they can use the calculator to be accurate.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Knowingly keeping the money from another person's innocent error isn't really worth boasting about.
    Fight On! Beat the Irish!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Knowingly keeping the money from another person's innocent error isn't really worth boasting about.
    Word.

What's that old saying...what goes around, comes around.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Very true.

• Banned User

exactly!! well put steamboat !!!
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 03-18-2007 at 03:47 PM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm guilty of keeping extra stuff. Every time (like 3 or 4 times) I've ordered from Walt Disney World DeliverEARS they sent the wrong stuff. But what they sent was more expensive than what I ordered.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Many years ago when I managed a garden center, I'd always make a trek to the bank on Friday to stock up on one-dollar bills and change for the cash registers. Each bundle of 1s contains $100. I'd usually get a couple bundles.

One Friday, I returned to my office to discover I had received 2 bundles of 20s! $4000!!! (instead of $200)

I immediately went back to the back to point out the error. The cashier told me she would have had no way to tell where the money went and was quite thankful.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    Many years ago when I managed a garden center, I'd always make a trek to the bank on Friday to stock up on one-dollar bills and change for the cash registers. Each bundle of 1s contains $100. I'd usually get a couple bundles.

One Friday, I returned to my office to discover I had received 2 bundles of 20s! $4000!!! (instead of $200)

I immediately went back to the back to point out the error. The cashier told me she would have had no way to tell where the money went and was quite thankful.
    that was honest and forth right! good to see more people who acually do do the honest thing !
    I have gotten many things for free, but to me there not free, I always return what was not mine right away!! . I really think when you steal ( and its stealing) you get stolen from later . "what goes round comes round !!

• Minion

I don't think what the op did was very honest and was actually stealing. If the person made that kind of a mistake, why "teach her a lesson" instead, be helpful and recognize her mistake and tell her what you need back. I have been given change numerous times over what I should have been given. As soon as i realise what has happend, I take it back to the place and tell them they gave me to much!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    I've noticed that CM's working the carts (ODV) cannot count change. I know they are trained to do so, but the other week this happend. Gave the CM 22.50 so I could receive a 10 spot. She gave me back 22.50 +the purchase price of the items. At first I was going to return the money, but if Disneyland is going to hire these types of people be prepared to lose some funds when the CM is doing their FUND counting at the end of the night. The old saying goes, You get what you pay for. Anyone else ever get free money??
    No wonder why they put them on the ODV carts!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I agree. The person may have just been having an 'off' moment or just having a bad day, or just miscounted or something and you took advantage of that, and feel that you were entitled to do it for whatever reason.

What if I saw you lose your wallet which has $100 in it and I just decided to keep it because my thinking was that 'anyone who isn't keeping better tabs on their wallet full of money deserves to lose it."

It's just wrong. If I were you, I would go back to Disneyland on your next trip and take $22.50 to City Hall and tell them that you realized that you were given to much money in change at one of these carts you talk about.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    I don't think what the op did was very honest and was actually stealing. If the person made that kind of a mistake, why "teach her a lesson" instead, be helpful and recognize her mistake and tell her what you need back. I have been given change numerous times over what I should have been given. As soon as i realise what has happend, I take it back to the place and tell them they gave me to much!
    I agree.

• insufferable know-it-all

Congrats, Snappy. Now Disney thinks the CM stole it, and they might have been fired for it. Someone might not be able to make rent this month, but hey, you got to "teach Disney a lesson", so your conscience is clear

...Please stop for a moment and think about the far-reaching effects your behavior has on the world around you. Take responsibility for it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast