Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    374

    The Parade of Dreams is ****

    I'm sorry, but no crossovers = ****. I don't feel like running from the Space side of the hub back behind Main Street down to the town square and going back up Main Street backstage on the JC side just to get to the other side of the hub and procede to my location.

    And don't even get me started on the fireworks and how they totally impede backstage traffic.

  2. #2

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    Umm... ok?

  3. #3

    • Hide and Seek with Anna
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,349

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    And what your point?

  4. #4

    • Mickey Mouse Slave
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    859

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    One reason... GUEST DONT LISTEN TO CAST MEMBERS WHO DO CROWD CONTROL.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

  5. #5

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I accidently a Coca Cola
    Posts
    438

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    I'm sorry, but no crossovers = ****. I don't feel like running from the Space side of the hub back behind Main Street down to the town square and going back up Main Street backstage on the JC side just to get to the other side of the hub and procede to my location.

    And don't even get me started on the fireworks and how they totally impede backstage traffic.
    It's ok, I called the waaambulance for you.
    Last edited by UncleTom; 03-25-2007 at 04:01 PM.

  6. #6

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    I agree, therefore when I was a CM and I was working I would always enter on stage by the Lincoln Theater and than back stage over by the fire house by the JC boats...Even with the parade or pyro going, you just walk on the sidewalk. I don't understand why you're complaining...

    Why would you need to pass anyways? To start or get off? You need to plan accordingly and take the extra 3 minutes to walk the other way :/

  7. #7

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    um, do you mind changing your title, because most of us do not think the parade is, oh, how maturely do you put it? ......

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    374

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I agree, therefore when I was a CM and I was working I would always enter on stage by the Lincoln Theater and than back stage over by the fire house by the JC boats...Even with the parade or pyro going, you just walk on the sidewalk. I don't understand why you're complaining...

    Why would you need to pass anyways? To start or get off? You need to plan accordingly and take the extra 3 minutes to walk the other way :/
    That's what I was describing, and yes I do plan ahead. It's just that I still don't like not having crossovers.

  9. #9

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    I'm sorry, but no crossovers = ****. I don't feel like running from the Space side of the hub back behind Main Street down to the town square and going back up Main Street backstage on the JC side just to get to the other side of the hub and procede to my location.

    And don't even get me started on the fireworks and how they totally impede backstage traffic.
    Backstage traffic? Try the ON STAGE traffic. Yesterday we were in Adventureland and needed to go to the Baby Changing Station there on Main Street near Plaza Inn. It would seem like a simply little jaunt - but no. We had to go down Main Street to the parade crossing at Carnation Cafe and then back up Main Street - even went through some stores to allude traffic - and finally made it to the station! And it wasn't an easy trip because there are those that see you pushing your stroller and jump in front of you because they are 'faster' or want you out of their way....etc.

    So, you talk about Backstage Traffic - don't even get me started. Disneyland, in my opinion, has FAR too many daily parades.

  10. #10

    • Feed the Ducks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belmont Shore
    Posts
    233

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    It's not that bad. What was a pain was when they were filming the Christmas parade.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    595

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    Lemme make a minor change here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    One reason... GUEST DONT LISTEN TO CAST MEMBERS WHO DO CROWD CONTROL.
    There...

  12. #12

    • Basking in birthday love
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Claremont bubble
    Posts
    2,269

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    There used to be crossovers. We had to fight Entertainment for them, but we got them, after Pinocchio and Ursula. I know that the parade is faster now, so maybe the crossovers got cut. They seem to be really, really short when they happen at all. Then again, I've only been out for the parade maybe two or three time since PoD came back from the holidays, so what do I know.

    Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

    "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

  13. #13

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Ken View Post
    It's not that bad. What was a pain was when they were filming the Christmas parade.
    Tell me that when you have a stroller with a crying baby in it that needs feeding and changing...........and you can't get through.

  14. #14

    • Feed the Ducks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Belmont Shore
    Posts
    233

    Re: The Parade of Dreams is ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Tell me that when you have a stroller with a crying baby in it that needs feeding and changing...........and you can't get through.
    Well, it feels kind of like when you have 5 minutes to clock in and the oh so nice CMs that they have staff that are super helpful at directing you around. Three canoe guys and I had to go up to fantasyland to cross behind the parade and then bolt over to pirates to clock in. Fun times.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Parade of Dreams
    By princedalton in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:13 PM
  2. Parade of Dreams
    By Waffles in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
  3. Parade of Dreams
    By DisneyRoyalty in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 08:58 PM
  4. Parade of Dreams
    By goofypirate in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 06:36 AM
  5. The Parade of Dreams is ****
    By wave789 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 10:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •