Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Is he trying to make me mad?

It just seems like this guy was purposely trying to push my buttons! The first time up to my register, he bought some pins, showed me his PAP, no problem. A few minutes later, he returns to tell me one of the pins had no back. (Ok, when I scan them, I'd notice) I pull a spare one out of the drawer, hand it to him, no problem. Awhile later he returns, buys some more pins. I lean over to check his PAP (sorry, but I can't remember every single AP that comes in) I tell him, "Oh, just make sure you remind us that you have an AP). Finish transaction, no problem. He asks me, "Do you hate your job?" I say no. He asks, "Are you having a bad day?" I say no. He says, "Well, it sure seems like it." I say, "Does it?" and think WTF! Ok, NOW I'm having a bad day! Then he walks away. I don't get it! He came out of left field this this stuff! Was he just trying to start something so he could get some sort of compensation? If I had been acting like a jerk, I would have been embarrased, but I was having a good day, and everything was honkey dorey, until his rude questioning! Jerk!

• For You!

Re: Is he trying to make me mad?

Some people just like to stir the pot. Sorry he was mean to you.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

some guests are just naturally angry people. they assume all CM's are either put there specifically to be their slave or having just as terrible a day as they are forcing upon themselves.

Some guests have very little vacation at Disneyland because they get into terrible mindsets... "We're gonna have fun whether you like it or not, and there'll be hell to pay if anyone stops me!!"

depressing

Too bad we just can't say "No...I was having a GREAT day until an ignorant guest asked me a stupid question".....just once I'd love to toss the Magic and give an honest answer to a stupid question.

This is where the stereotype of the rabid pin trader comes from. If this is the strangest, most troublesome guest you've had so far, watch out. Statistics will catch up soon and you'll finally get some truly difficult people.

• Banned User

When did this happen?

• white and nerdy

Maybe he wanted to start a thread in the Disneyland forum about how bad Cast Members are these-a-days and couldn't find any so he had to try and create one.

I remember one time a guest asked me where the F&$# his son was. I asked him if his son was lost and he said no. He got in line a good fifteen minutes ago. I said that the posted wait time for the ride was thirty minutes. He told me that I was the worst cast member ever and that I ruined his vacation. Who knows why people do things like that.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Fastest Man Alive

This is common in the service industry. The customer/guest can feel big by taking a pot shot at the employee/CM without any fear of reprisal, because they know that the employee is restrained from even verbally defending themselves because of what is required by their place of employment.
    In short, he was a jerk and one of those people who gets pleasure out of pushing other peoples buttons, especially when the victim cannot fight back.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    This is where the stereotype of the rabid pin trader comes from. If this is the strangest, most troublesome guest you've had so far, watch out. Statistics will catch up soon and you'll finally get some truly difficult people.
    I've been there 6 years, I'm familiar with the "rabid" type. This guy was just a regular guy. I've had the difficult ones too. I just don't think I've ever had one that had no apparent reason to "go off".

Barfownz: This was Sat. night.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    When did this happen?
    It was you, wasn't it....

• I may be nutz...but...

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    Maybe he wanted to start a thread in the Disneyland forum about how bad Cast Members are these-a-days and couldn't find any so he had to try and create one.

I remember one time a guest asked me where the F&$# his son was. I asked him if his son was lost and he said no. He got in line a good fifteen minutes ago. I said that the posted wait time for the ride was thirty minutes. He told me that I was the worst cast member ever and that I ruined his vacation. Who knows why people do things like that.
    What???????? YOU ruined his vacation...What a jag ..I hate people that treat the CMs worse than they treat their dog. It really fries me when I see it and I ALWAYS say something to the offending jag. I LOVE CMs and I truly think they are God's and Walt's gift to the vacationing populace. They are so patient and compassionate and even tempered (I know they HAVE to be), but to be able to hold your tongue and not lash out at these nitwits, God love you!!! I know I do!!!!!!! I could NOT do it. I worked in the retail industry for many years as well as fast food when I was younger and I just wanted to pop some of these idiots. I wouldn't do it, I am NOT violent but you feel like it after a dayful, or a weekful, or worse a monthful of these nincompoops! More power to the CMs who walk with the grace of God. You have my undying respect because of what you put up with on a daily basis. I know as a guest what I see and put up with from other guests ...Love you CMs!!!!!!!! YOU are the people that make my vacation the BEST ever! We have always treated the CMs better than we treat our family! You are after all nicer to us than our families are!!!!!! They Aleays question why we go to Disney ALL the time, every vacation, YOU all know about the magic and why we want to be part of it!!!! THAT is why we always come to Disney for our vacashuns {} because we know we are going to be treated well by CMs who make magic and Pixie Dust real for us!!!!!! thank you....
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
    sues and NerdPirateRalphyPooh (hubby)
    sues
    Last edited by Susabelle; 03-27-2007 at 09:13 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by susislickermouse View Post
    What???????? YOU ruined his vacation...What a jag ..I hate people that treat the CMs worse than they treat their dog. It really fries me when I see it and I ALWAYS say something to the offending jag. I LOVE CMs and I truly think they are God's and Walt's gift to the vacationing populace. They are so patient and compassionate and even tempered (I know they HAVE to be), but to be able to hold your tongue and not lash out at these nitwits, God love you!!! I know I do!!!!!!! I could NOT do it. I worked in the retail industry for many years as well as fast food when I was younger and I just wanted to pop some of these idiots. I wouldn't do it, I am NOT violent but you feel like it after a dayful, or a weekful, or worse a monthful of these nincompoops! More power to the CMs who walk with the grace of God. You have my undying respect because of what you put up with on a daily basis. I know as a guest what I see and put up with from other guests ...Love you CMs!!!!!!!! YOU are the people that make my vacation the BEST ever! We have always treated the CMs better than we treat our family! You are after all nicer to us than our families are!!!!!! They Aleays question why we go to Disney ALL the time, every vacation, YOU all know about the magic and why we want to be part of it!!!! THAT is why we always come to Disney for our vacashuns {} because we know we are going to be treated well by CMs who make magic and Pixie Dust real for us!!!!!! thank you....
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
    sues and NerdPirateRalphyPooh (hubby)
    sues
    Gee...that sure made me feel better! Thanks!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    He asks me, "Do you hate your job?" I say no. He asks, "Are you having a bad day?" I say no. He says, "Well, it sure seems like it." I say, "Does it?" and think WTF!
    Usually when people ask these questions, they are ones that are having these problems. Not you.

(((hugs)))

•   

I've seen people that think that's a good way of flirting...........
    I really hope that wasn't it.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I've seen people that think that's a good way of flirting...........
    I really hope that wasn't it.
    Know what? I thought the same thing but I don't know how his facial expressions were and his tone of voice. Only the OP knows that info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast