Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: disney fans interested in working at disneyland

Walking is probably the best thing you can do if you want to leave with just enough time to make it to work. Driving you have to change your leaving time for traffic changes, potential hangups, potential shuttle hangups, etc, but walking there's nothing to slow you down but a few traffic lights.

Personally, the last thing I'd want to do after standing at work for 8 hours is walk home, but to each his own.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    Do they give you a choice where to park? Back in the day, we were told which lot to park in depending on our department/job.

Only CM's from certain areas could park in the Ball Lot. But that was long ago, not sure about today.

It would be sweet for Toontown CM's and maybe for Fronterland CM's were allowed to park in the Ball Lot. That would make it much easier on them. Especially if they were already dressed and ready to go.
    i was told you can change your pass if you have a reason to. I have a ball lot and im thinking about changing it to a Simba lot pass. my fellow ODVer said all you need to tell them is that your always at DCA. 90% of my shifts are at DCA now :\
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

I think what he is saying is don't say, "I'm a Disney fan", but SHOW them that you are a fan and your knowledge by how you answer the questions.

It's very easy and anybody in an interview can say, "I'm a Disneyland Fan", but not everybody can us the "correct" name of attractions (not rides)

You show your knowledge (in any interview) by how you answer questions not by saying "I have a lot of knowledge."

EDIT:
    Here is a better example:

When asked, "Why do you want to work here?"
    "I am a Disneyland/ Disney Fan"
    vs
    "I love Disneyland. I have many great memories of coming here with my family and friends. It has always been a magical place for me. I now want to be part of creating that magic that I have felt here for so long."
    Basically dont just give a generic answer of I'm a Disney fan and want to work here"
    Thank you for clarifying that.
    Steve

• Banned User

hey everyone, thanks.

regarding off the clock, are cms allowed in cm areas only when they are on the clock or can they be in said areas if they are off the clock?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    hey everyone, thanks.

regarding off the clock, are cms allowed in cm areas only when they are on the clock or can they be in said areas if they are off the clock?
    If you're in costume and the costume is appropriate for the place (including a break room, diner, etc.) then probably no one will bother you. If you're wildly out of place and just hanging around someone might ask you what you're doing there.

If you're in civies, then you probably should get done whatever business you're there for and not linger unless you're waiting for an appointment.

It probably depends upon leads, managers, or security cm's that are around whether they care.

The Tower Hotel Gifts costume and the Greetings from California costume are both wildly out of place in the Main Street break areas and at the Inn Between, but nobody's given me grief before... I was waiting for a friend to get off...

• Cast Member since 2005

The short answer is no it is not "REQUIRED" to ride the cast shuttle from the parking area to Harbor Point. You can walk and it takes about 15 or 20 minutes depending on how fast you walk. As for getting dropped off at the 15 minute GUEST drop-off area that is strictly forbidden but a lot of cast members do it anyway. There has been a lot of talk lately to CMs regarding this so I would not want to be the one getting caught in the act, so to speak. Hope this helps.

WildBill

A loyal Disney fan & member of the Class of 2005!

• Cast Member since 2005

Do they give you a choice where to park? Back in the day, we were told which lot to park in depending on our department/job.

Only CM's from certain areas could park in the Ball Lot. But that was long ago, not sure about today.

It would be sweet for Toontown CM's and maybe for Fronterland CM's were allowed to park in the Ball Lot. That would make it much easier on them. Especially if they were already dressed and ready to go.
    Pretty much the same now. Most CMs park in K lot. Some DCA CMs, as well as Hotel CMs park in Simba lot. Toontown, depending on your role does get to park in Ball, Frontier parks in Katella.

WildBill

A loyal Disney fan & member of the Class of 2005!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12