Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

disney fans interested in working at disneyland

Hi. I am a disney fan (and shareholder) who is interested in applying for a job at disneyland. I understand that the cast member parking area is over on katella.
    my question is this: are cast members absolutely required to use the tram to get to the resort, or can they walk? and if so (walk) how long does it take? (not in miles, but time?)

• Banned User

Re: disney fans interested in working at disneyland

Off topic to your topic, but also on topic, From the people i have been talking to when you go to your interview, DO NOT, i said DO NOT tell them your a disney/disneyland fan.

Show your knowledge and enthusiasm naturally. Instead of saying The Matterhorn, say The Matterhorn Bobsleds. Stuff like that. Let it all come out naturally during the interview.

• Banned User

hey t'anx/

what I would like to know is this(wow, deja vu): is it absolutely necessary to ride the tram from the cast member parking area, or are cms allowed to walk to work? if so, how long(in time, not miles) does it usually take?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    hey t'anx/

what I would like to know is this(wow, deja vu): is it absolutely necessary to ride the tram from the cast member parking area, or are cms allowed to walk to work? if so, how long(in time, not miles) does it usually take?
    I did see a TOT Bellhop get dropped off in the 15 Minute parking lot off of Harbor BLVD.

You can do both from what i understand.

yes you can walk from K lot if you want. it depends how long it takes you to walk it could be 15-20 minutes at the most I would guess. I have walked to K-lot many of night when the Shuttle wait is 7 shuttles long and no shuttle in sight and it took me about 10 minutes

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

It depends on what you do. You may not even need to park in K lot. It may be better for you to park in BCML (Ball Cast Member Lot) which there is no tram from. You HAVE to walk wherever you go.

Good luck with the job app!

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by kidpirate View Post
    It depends on what you do. You may not even need to park in K lot. It may be better for you to park in BCML (Ball Cast Member Lot) which there is no tram from. You HAVE to walk wherever you go.

Good luck with the job app!
    Do they give you a choice where to park? Back in the day, we were told which lot to park in depending on our department/job.

Only CM's from certain areas could park in the Ball Lot. But that was long ago, not sure about today.

It would be sweet for Toontown CM's and maybe for Fronterland CM's were allowed to park in the Ball Lot. That would make it much easier on them. Especially if they were already dressed and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Off topic to your topic, but also on topic, From the people i have been talking to when you go to your interview, DO NOT, i said DO NOT tell them your a disney/disneyland fan.

Show your knowledge and enthusiasm naturally. Instead of saying The Matterhorn, say The Matterhorn Bobsleds. Stuff like that. Let it all come out naturally during the interview.
    Why wouldnt you want to tell them your a Disney/Disneyland fan? I know for job listings at WDW they always say knowledge of WDW property, this would indicate to me they expect people who are fans and have been on the property a bit. I havent looked at the job postings for D/L so I dont know if it says the same thing. Any insite you could offer would be great.
    Thanks
    Steve

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by svickersart View Post
    Why wouldnt you want to tell them your a Disney/Disneyland fan? I know for job listings at WDW they always say knowledge of WDW property, this would indicate to me they expect people who are fans and have been on the property a bit. I havent looked at the job postings for D/L so I dont know if it says the same thing. Any insite you could offer would be great.
    Thanks
    Steve
    I think what he is saying is don't say, "I'm a Disney fan", but SHOW them that you are a fan and your knowledge by how you answer the questions.

It's very easy and anybody in an interview can say, "I'm a Disneyland Fan", but not everybody can us the "correct" name of attractions (not rides)

You show your knowledge (in any interview) by how you answer questions not by saying "I have a lot of knowledge."

EDIT:
    Here is a better example:

When asked, "Why do you want to work here?"
    "I am a Disneyland/ Disney Fan"
    vs
    "I love Disneyland. I have many great memories of coming here with my family and friends. It has always been a magical place for me. I now want to be part of creating that magic that I have felt here for so long."
    Last edited by Garrett240; 03-28-2007 at 07:23 AM.

• Feed the Ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    Only CM's from certain areas could park in the Ball Lot. But that was long ago, not sure about today.

It would be sweet for Toontown CM's and maybe for Fronterland CM's were allowed to park in the Ball Lot. That would make it much easier on them. Especially if they were already dressed and ready to go.
    It's the same today. In attractions, only Toontown, Fantasyland, and Fantasmic techs park back there.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

^I know the train conductors, most frontierland and most DTD cm's park there. I hear it is the best for DTD cm's since they get to take the tram or disabled bus into and from World of disney, marcelline's, pin traders, or for the hotel staff(if they choose)

• Basking in birthday love

All the conductors I know park in K-lot, since they have to clock in at the Opera House. Might be a different story for the engineers.

K-Lot is the default parking lot for ALL CMs, regardless of location. CMs may request to park in Ball or Simba if it's more convenient for them.

It's not a long walk. I walk between the park and my apartment (well, my friend's apartment where I crash) on Orangewood and Harbor all the time, no problems. The shuttles aren't too bad, though. The only time I ever walk is when the wait for a shuttle is ridiculous, or if traffic around the resort is preventing the shuttles from running properly (it happens).

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I think what he is saying is don't say, "I'm a Disney fan", but SHOW them that you are a fan and your knowledge by how you answer the questions.

It's very easy and anybody in an interview can say, "I'm a Disneyland Fan", but not everybody can us the "correct" name of attractions (not rides)

You show your knowledge (in any interview) by how you answer questions not by saying "I have a lot of knowledge."

EDIT:
    Here is a better example:

When asked, "Why do you want to work here?"
    "I am a Disneyland/ Disney Fan"
    vs
    "I love Disneyland. I have many great memories of coming here with my family and friends. It has always been a magical place for me. I now want to be part of creating that magic that I have felt here for so long."
    Your EXACTLY correct.

• Banned User

hey everyone thanks. 15-20 mins. is not bad. and not only that, it will give me a chance to sight see as I am walking. y' know? get to know anaheim a little better.

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    Hi. I am a disney fan (and shareholder) who is interested in applying for a job at disneyland. I understand that the cast member parking area is over on katella.
    my question is this: are cast members absolutely required to use the tram to get to the resort, or can they walk? and if so (walk) how long does it take? (not in miles, but time?)
    I recently applied to work at Disneyland and from talking to different cast members..I don't think they care how you get to work as long as you get there and on time. Whatever mode you chose just allow yourself enough time to get there (maybe even 15 mins early).
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast