• is too darn hot.

Question New Hire Transfer?

Hi all you wonderful CMs. My girlfriend just recently got hired at the DLR and she believes her interviewer led her astray in choosing a position. She ended up as something in merchandise that is "both on- and off-stage." She hasn't filled out her paperwork yet. Is there someone she can talk to in casting about changing departments or positions? Maybe she can get another interview? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Minion

Re: New Hire Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Hi all you wonderful CMs. My girlfriend just recently got hired at the DLR and she believes her interviewer led her astray in choosing a position. She ended up as something in merchandise that is "both on- and off-stage." She hasn't filled out her paperwork yet. Is there someone she can talk to in casting about changing departments or positions? Maybe she can get another interview? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Wouldn't it be better to call casting and ask ?

Most likely any answer you got here would be speculation.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to call casting and ask ?

Most likely any answer you got here would be speculation.
    Planning on doing that, too. I just wanted to get some Cast Member insight. Someone here might have done that.

• Minion

Planning on doing that, too. I just wanted to get some Cast Member insight. Someone here might have done that.
    Well, it will be a heck of a lot easier before than after. Once you're in a line of business you have to wait 6 months to transfer.

Moving within a line of business might be doable depending on needs and the managers.

Definitely get it dealt with before going through Traditions.

Stock Replenishment can be described as both on-stage and off-stage... I'd suggest looking over the new hire documentation.

• Cast Member since 2005

Talk to somebody in casting about getting recast. I have a fellow CM who is in her third position in 6 months because she didn't care for what she was doing initially. BTW, the transfer process can now happen in four months not six as before.

WildBill

A loyal Disney fan & member of the Class of 2005!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    Talk to somebody in casting about getting recast. I have a fellow CM who is in her third position in 6 months because she didn't care for what she was doing initially. BTW, the transfer process can now happen in four months not six as before.
    That change sounds like because they would rather change the policy than risk losing another CM who doesn't like where they are working.

• is too darn hot.

Really? Everyone's told my girlfriend that it's six months. Anyway, she's settled in to Back of House in Stores pretty well. She wants to transfer to FOH, or Attractions as soon as she can.

And boy does the Fantasyland BOH costume suck.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Cast Member since 2005

Really? Everyone's told my girlfriend that it's six months. Anyway, she's settled in to Back of House in Stores pretty well. She wants to transfer to FOH, or Attractions as soon as she can.

Very recent change. Apparently this was just changed since the first of the year.

WildBill

A loyal Disney fan & member of the Class of 2005!

• is too darn hot.

Very recent change. Apparently this was just changed since the first of the year.
    That must be why, according to her, they don't have the full range of sizes yet.

Looks like she found herself in the same situation I did just over a year ago. I actually told Casting no, and they said to give it a shot, and that they'd be able to recast me if I didn't like it. After about a week or two, I decided I didn't like it, and after about 4 months of complaining, I got trained for FOH, and have only been doing BOH shifts sporatically since then. I was given the option of having the BOH training removed from my record, but decided not to because having that there allows more options if I need to pick up shifts. It's not really a transfer, since you're still in Store Operations. Being a BOH Cast Member but getting mainly FOH shifts does come with some annoyances though. When we switched from the 50th Anniversary name tags to the Where Dreams Come True ones, my name tag ended up with BOH. Any guesses where my 1 year service pin wound up?
    Last edited by Alyssa3467; 06-02-2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: minor grammar fix

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    Looks like she found herself in the same situation I did just over a year ago. I actually told Casting no, and they said to give it a shot, and that they'd be able to recast me if I didn't like it. After about a week or two, I decided I didn't like it, and after about 4 months of complaining, I got trained for FOH, and have only been doing BOH shifts sporatically since then. I was given the option of having the BOH training removed from my record, but decided not to because having that there allows more options if I need to pick up shifts. It's not really a transfer, since you're still in Store Operations. Being a BOH Cast Member but getting mainly FOH shifts does come with some annoyances though. When we switched from the 50th Anniversary name tags to the Where Dreams Come True ones, my name tag ended up with BOH. Any guesses where my 1 year service pin wound up?
    And you can't get replacement service pins?

My pin eventually made its way to me. I hear a replacement would cost $10.00, but I haven't verified it.