View Poll Results: How long did it take to hear anything and what were the results?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • I heard back in under a week and was rehired

0 0%
  • I heard back in under a week and was NOT rehired

0 0%
  • It took a few weeks but I was rehired

0 0%
  • It took a few weeks but I didn't get rehired

0 0%
  • It has been a few weeks and I have not heard anything

0 0%
  • I just put my paperwork in, so it's too soon to tell

0 0%

Thread: Weeks???

• So Far E!

Question Weeks???

Hi everyone. I called again today because I turned in my rehire paperwork almost 2 weeks ago and the lady said it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks... Has anyone else ever had it take that long??? My recruiter had mentioned a week and what worries me is auditions are on Thursdays and because I hadn't heard anything yet the next two Thursdays someone else took off at my job and they said I can't request them off. I don't want to tell them I'd love to audition but it will be another 3 weeks. I would feel much better knowing other people have waited this long. I'm not saying it's my recruiter's fault or anything... I'm just wondering if I should worry for the wait. Hope you don't mind but I threw in a poll.

• Minion

Re: Weeks???

Quote Originally Posted by MissTheMouse View Post
    Hi everyone. I called again today because I turned in my rehire paperwork almost 2 weeks ago and the lady said it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks... Has anyone else ever had it take that long??? My recruiter had mentioned a week and what worries me is auditions are on Thursdays and because I hadn't heard anything yet the next two Thursdays someone else took off at my job and they said I can't request them off. I don't want to tell them I'd love to audition but it will be another 3 weeks. I would feel much better knowing other people have waited this long. I'm not saying it's my recruiter's fault or anything... I'm just wondering if I should worry for the wait. Hope you don't mind but I threw in a poll.
    My experience is that Hiring and Transfer HR people are not the most initiative-oriented people in Disney. I suppose some of that may be that they are bound by all kinds of laws and Disney procedures. SOme friends who are CM's (am an ex) have also reported dealing with some with bad attitudes and are just lazy. I'm sure that's not necessarily true of all.

It probably also depends upon what their priorities are. If they don't have a great need in one area but are very focused in another area (such as ramping up hires for the summer season) it may also be a question of resources.

From what I understand about your situation, I'd expect that you rehire status makes it a more deliberate decision and might require multiple people to approve. That always takes longer to do in any bureaucratic organization which Disney definitely is.

I'd advise not to tick anyone off and just let them know about your scheduling circumstances and ask if that will affect getting hired and, if so, is there anything that can be done.

Good Luck !