Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Happened!!!

• So Far E!

Talking It Happened!!!

I got REHIRED!!! Yay! I have the audition for entertainment tomorrow but even if they don't take me I have a "Plan B" my recruiter said. It would be in attractions or food and beverage. I don't care as long as I can go back to being in entertainment someday. Hopefully they just take me back as a character. I'm soooo happy but fear has set in. Big change for me and not a very supportive husband. But... I keep telling myself it must be meant to be or it wouldn't have happened. Besides I had a sign. I got in my car today and was thinking "I wish I would know" and right when I turned on my radio it said "Walt Disney World Employment Opportunities". Anyways.... I have been doing the happy dance all day. I went in to my office manager and did the happy dance for her too. She got a kick out of that. LOL. My husband says he's "trying" to be happy for me. Whatever. He's bringing me down but I'm trying not to let him. Hard though.

• For You!

Re: It Happened!!!

I'm so happy for you! I hope you get the position you want!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• That Guy

What is your husband's beef?

I am going to guess you will be taking a hefty pay cut? Or is it the bad hours?

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Good for you! You know what, I'll bet his attitude will change once you start working. If you're happy with your job, he'll warm up to it.

Good luck!
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• So Far E!

Thanks... his biggest concern is the money but see he likes to spend spend spend. Like tonight for example... calls me from Wal-Mart and asks if I want to get that new movie out about the Museum. I told him only if he could stay up to watch it with me but where would he rent it from? He said no not rent... buy! I was like, why do I want to buy a movie I haven't even seen yet. He's like it's only $14. ONLY $14!!! Hmmmm if I put that away every week that's $56 dollars a month. That one little amount every week... then all the other crap we don't need that he just HAS to have. Well, that would help too. Now I'm not saying we can't ever buy anything extra but we should get stuff we know we like and stuff we need. *sigh* I'll feel better tomorrow when I'm at auditions. Right now... my husband has me very bummed. I'm very glad the wait is over though... :-)

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

Good Luck! Have fun! Don't let him bring you down. It's the happiest place to work!
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

• Minion

Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been checking this thread everyday waitng to hear if you were rehired. Don't worry about your husband he will come around. Break a leg tomorrow.

• So Far E!

Awww that's sweet. Thanks. I will definately let you all know how it goes. Kinda stinks that I have all dress clothes and nothing really great to dance in. Guess it's jeans for me lol. I feel so nauseated from being nervous about today. I have to go to my other job first this morning. Like I'm really going to be able to focus there... Little update on my husband. Hopefully, he meant it but he took me outside last night and gave me a big hug and said "Just tell me everything is going to be ok" and I said "It will." and then he said "I really do love you and I'm happy for you". So we'll see... sometimes I think he's coming around and it's just an act. Really he's in the wrong busniess because he's quite the actor.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Break a leg, at least you know what happens in the audition process. I hope you get good news so you can dust off your velcro shoes and skull cap soon!

• So Far E!

No skull cap or velcro shoes for me... my "build" cut me right away. So I have to wait 6 months to reaudition. I knew one of the girls when I walked in so I felt really comfortable but I didn't get it. I do get to work at AK though in attractions in the meantime. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe I would have hurt myself or something. I'm pretty sad and have cried a bit. But I'm trying to keep my chin up.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Maybe you need to get readjusted to Disney life. Eat right, exercise and you'll get back to mouse weight in no time. Mickey's just waiting for the imagineers to come up with a decent parade for you to perform in! When I was first hired I was driven from the audition to the tunnel because supervision thought I was too big. I was dressed in Mickey (you might remember this day) and walked to costuming & entertainment management. I wasn't given black socks so there was a full Mickey with little white socks and white legs walking around the tunnel.

I was not small enough for Minnie when I started but luckilly wasn't disapproved. I was stuck in Starland dressing rooms, parade and Pooh sets for the summer. By that fall I was learning a show as Minnie.

Put your mind to it and you can do it! You're back in so that's half the battle. It's getting warmer in FL so it won't take as much exercise to get the weight off. I know you can do it and as soon as you do I'll take a trip special to watch you perform!

• All you need is LOVE

congrats party on

• Main Gypsy

Congrats!

• Minion

Working in attractions should be alot of fun!!!!!!! It will give you time to get back in to shape and give your husband time to absorb this whole new adventure. I think any job at Disney is better than being couped up in an office. Enjoy every moment!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by wickedqueeniam; 04-26-2007 at 07:57 PM.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

congratulations and welcome home!!! I'm sure the husband will come around....especially with the benefits/discounts/etc...

Again, congrats!!! I wouldnt wanna work anywhere else lol !!
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast