New to this thing

Hi I am new to this thing i am planning to apply to disneyland college program (just had interview session last night at the campus) However, I recall someone saying they are only hiring quick service food and beverage and custodial? I was wondering how you get a job in those fancy restaurants like the Blue Bayou restaurant.. Do you just have to work your way up starting at quick service? how does it work out? Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated from you alumnus.. THANKS!!

Re: New to this thing

my bad it was not only the fancy restaurants, but I was also interested in how to get a job at the casual dining places as well... thanks again!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Welcome!
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Welcome to MiceChat! It's my understanding that you work your way up to those (usually pretty quickly) - but that is founded ENTIRELY on what I've just assumed from speaking to people, so it could be entirely wrong. Figured I'd throw my 2 cents in to keep this on top till someone who knows what they're talking about can answer it. Good luck with the college program!

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Welcome to MiceChat! It's my understanding that you work your way up to those (usually pretty quickly) - but that is founded ENTIRELY on what I've just assumed from speaking to people, so it could be entirely wrong. Figured I'd throw my 2 cents in to keep this on top till someone who knows what they're talking about can answer it. Good luck with the college program!

im willing to work up. i just wanna make sure that im applying for the right program that will benefit me in the future.. thanks for the input though

• insufferable know-it-all

Well, I've done foods, it's okay.

On the other hand, I've heard custodial is pretty cool (despite what you would think. It's just as messy as foods, in its way, and you get to walk around the park more!)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

There's no restriction on the departments you can enter in the College Program.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

You'll have fun at what ever location you're at. When I did CP only certain majors could do certain departments. I had the choice of Food and Beverage and Custiodial. I had the best time working custodial! You're like an all over the park greeter with a broom. You get so much guest interaction! Let us know how everything works out for you.