• Miss Marvel

Anyone a atomsphere character or auditioned?

I'm curious as to the audition process. They are looking for a Peter Pan girl character under 5'1". I'm assuming it's Wendy. I've been cut before on looks for Alice on numerous occasions for the Parade, but I've never tried for an atomsphere character before. (I mention Alice because I have been told the same actress does both. Or is at least expected to.)

Is it a waste of my time to go if I've been cut on the looks for Alice in the parade?

Are the atmosphere characters more lenient on looks as they have to act too?

If I'm 5'2", should I even bother going?

What are they going to ask me to do?

I'm just confused as the girl who played Wendy on the same day that Alice was out looked very different with her bone structure, and I actually look a lot like the girl that was playing Wendy.

Basically, any and all information is much appreciated!
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Re: Anyone a atomsphere character or auditioned?

If the casting calls for someone 5'1" and under it's for either Wendy or Tinker Bell. If you are definately 5'2" then you won't get past them measuring you. Yes, most performers who are Alice are also Wendy but I remember a few that only did one or the other. Wendy's technical height range is shorter than Alice's.

Oh, I just reread your post and I will have to take back Tink as an atmosphere character.

Casting should not be more or less lenient for parade or atmosphere. They need to have a standard and stick to it. When I started in entertainment there was an animator at every face audition. Wish that was still enforced.

As for different bone structure between the two girls you saw that day, depending on their body type, skin complexion and how the wig make up and dress look determines which character they are cast as.

If you have the time off and know you'll probably be too tall I say go to the audition. The more you go and show your smile and personality the more comfortable you will be with the audition process and the more recoginizable you will be to casting when the correct audition comes up for you. Perhaps the right role for you in entertainment is starting off in a chipmunk role and then auditioning and being given a Fantasmic! role. You would have just as much fun in fur or as face.

Break a leg!

• Miss Marvel

Thank you for the info!
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

fingers are crossed for you MaryAnn!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.