Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How Do CM's Afford working @ Disneyland??

CM's:1. How many miles do you drive to and from work?
    2. If you drive a great distance to/from work how do you afford working at Disneyland/DCA with GAS going up on an almost Daily basis.
    3. Do you have to supplement your Disneyland job with another part time job?
    4. Maybe with the majority of CM they still live at home and are supported by their parents.
    5. But for those of us trying to make ends meet it got to be really tough, right or wrong?
    In any sense thanks to those CM making everyones trip special.

Re: How Do CM's Afford working @ Disneyland??

i know i travel just a little less the thirty miles each way and i still have school on my days off and its just as far away. so im filling up on gas a few times a week, i used to spend fifteen dollars each time when i filled up when i first started disneyland so it wasn't to bad, but now i am paying over thirty dollars everytime i fill up. It is getting to the point to were im almost not able to work at Disney anymore! which is really sad because most of the time i do enjoy it. But between school, credit car bills, car payments and insurance payments i might have to go look elsewhere if the prices go up any more.

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    i know i travel just a little less the thirty miles each way and i still have school on my days off and its just as far away. so im filling up on gas a few times a week, i used to spend fifteen dollars each time when i filled up when i first started disneyland so it wasn't to bad, but now i am paying over thirty dollars everytime i fill up. It is getting to the point to were im almost not able to work at Disney anymore! which is really sad because most of the time i do enjoy it. But between school, credit car bills, car payments and insurance payments i might have to go look elsewhere if the prices go up any more.
    Hopefully the government will step in and do something about this gas price issue that is effecting all of us! This world needs to get their priorities straight and fast! Wishful thinking I know..

• Basking in birthday love

Most of the CMs I know are either in school, have an additional job, or both. The rest usually have additional income coming from somewhere else, either a spouse, a roommate or three, or parents. Generally the ones who are simply making a go of it on their own without any other support are the old-timers who make way more money than most of us.

And it can get pretty tight. "I hope I have enough food to last me until Thursday" isn't an uncommon sentiment.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    CM's:1. How many miles do you drive to and from work?
    2. If you drive a great distance to/from work how do you afford working at Disneyland/DCA with GAS going up on an almost Daily basis.
    3. Do you have to supplement your Disneyland job with another part time job?
    4. Maybe with the majority of CM they still live at home and are supported by their parents.
    5. But for those of us trying to make ends meet it got to be really tough, right or wrong?
    In any sense thanks to those CM making everyones trip special.
    1) i live around 10 miles away. Not too far away and its 15 min local drive. if i go at around 40mph, i can drive at very low gas usage :P
    2) umm, some people carpool, use public transporatation. Disney pays you to ride thoses.
    3) I dont, but its enough to pay my apartment and bills. I usually pay tuition as well with my required availability (IE Spring Break, Winter Break etc)
    4) Not supported, on my own.
    5) it is hard, but you gotta to waht you need to do Learn from your mistakes, gain some knowledge.

heh, i love it when guest compliment me at work. I had a guest taht was sooo thankful for me working on Easter. ^_^
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    1) i live around 10 miles away. Not too far away and its 15 min local drive. if i go at around 40mph, i can drive at very low gas usage :P
    2) umm, some people carpool, use public transporatation. Disney pays you to ride thoses.
    3) I dont, but its enough to pay my apartment and bills. I usually pay tuition as well with my required availability (IE Spring Break, Winter Break etc)
    4) Not supported, on my own.
    5) it is hard, but you gotta to waht you need to do Learn from your mistakes, gain some knowledge.

heh, i love it when guest compliment me at work. I had a guest taht was sooo thankful for me working on Easter. ^_^
    And another big thank you for working those long and hot days of summer. Serious it's not the great rides,attractions,foods that make Disneyland special, it's the CM who really love their jobs and create this special place.

1. 35
    2. Get gas there!
    3. Another full time, actually.
    4. Nope
    5. Yes and no...

Just fill up gas in Anaheim. That'll save you quite a bit, esp if you're from the Inland.
    And, it actually helps to take shifts in the evening, as your commute there and back is very smooth, with only a little idling.

Oh, and a second job works too.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

1.) I'm in Irvine...I dont know what that is in miles, but it's about 15-20 minutes.
    2.) My DL job is solely to pay for gas & food
    3.) Yes
    4.) I'm in school, so parents are covering rent, etc.
    5.) Yes, I'd like to stay at Disney after graduation, but I see absolutely NO way to make that work.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

how much is the hourly rates for a CM ?

Disneyland Paris CMs are basically paid $9,80 ( with Euro Currency ) per hour and they work 35 Hours weekly and get their PayChecks every months .

• some imagination huh?

1. About 30 a day
    2. I tend to put off filling up until my gas light goes off... and even then it's only about $10 at a time...
    3. As of now, only job
    4. Live at home, but I'm the one doing the supporting at the moment.
    5. I'd rather make what I'm making right now, loving my job... then make more money in a job I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    how much is the hourly rates for a CM ?

Disneyland Paris CMs are basically paid $9,80 ( with Euro Currency ) per hour and they work 35 Hours weekly and get their PayChecks every months .
    Last I checked attractions starting rate was $8.20 =|
    Though I when I first worked there in foods, I hired in at $8.20 as well.
    [not including weekly union deductions though ]

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

Quote Originally Posted by JustALittleChange View Post
    Last I checked attractions starting rate was $8.20 =|
    Though I when I first worked there in foods, I hired in at $8.20 as well.
    [not including weekly union deductions though ]
    It all really depends on what you're doing though. Some unions in the park pay substantially more, yet have much higher dues and such. It all depends on the job...

1. I live 40 miles away, but I take the Metrolink to work =)
    2. Easy, I go on the train =)
    3. Nope
    4. That's me
    5. I think it would be difficult during the non-peak season to survive on your own.

I make really good money at the park but I dont know how operations people do it. I would love to meet one of the amazingly good looking girls who work here and we can make it work together

• Cast Member

1) 4 Blocks
    2) Don't look at gas prices anymore, besides why drive when i can jog there in half the time it takes to drive and park and ride the shuttle.
    3) Full time job with the Department of Defense
    4) I have a roommate cuts down on expenses. Gov't Housing allowance of $1650 a month I could survive on my own but choose not too.
    5) I see a lot of people struggling to make it week to week, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCopSB View Post
    1) 4 Blocks
    2) Don't look at gas prices anymore, besides why drive when i can jog there in half the time it takes to drive and park and ride the shuttle.
    3) Full time job with the Department of Defense
    4) I have a roommate cuts down on expenses. Gov't Housing allowance of $1650 a month I could survive on my own but choose not too.
    5) I see a lot of people struggling to make it week to week, yes.

I think the original post was how do DISNEY CM's make it on their pay. Not how NAVY guys do it. You better stay in the NAVY becuase security at Disney gets less than money than an MA2 are you? I am not a hater though, 9 months out of the NAVY myself and making BANK!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast